- 3 years ago
- Wedding: November 2013
I work PT at a ballpark. The other day my boss and I were discussing the trouble I’m having trying to find a place to have the reception. He suggested that I use the ballpark’s club, which will be wide open that season. It is very cheap, very nice, but too small for a reception. I started thinking, though, that it might be the perfect place to have an after-party sort of thing for all of the younger people to drink together. There is no dance floor, but there is a bar. I’d have to rent a bartender and buy alcohol.
I don’t know if I should do this though… Pros and cons list time!
- Located in the same section as the hotel and reception area (no traffic, no police)
- Affordable and nice venue
- This could be the one place that my guests would share a common interest; otherwise they’ll all end up at different places
- More intimate than a loud dance
- Alternative to a dance; music has been a problem as there are different cultures and everyone seems to like different things AND we don’t want a dance
- Everyone has different musical interest, I’m afraid of people being bored
- No dancing
- Spend a lot of $ on alcohol and bartender
- Guests would most deff invite other guests
- Sports theme…. baseball in Winter (is that dumb?)
So? What do you think? Honesty, please?