Post # 1
Ok here is the deal. I am considering postponing our vow renewal of 10 years until around April 2014. We were going to do it Nov 16th of this year, however some financial items have popped up. I am at home wife, I attend school full time. I was suppose to graduate in the spring 2014, but since financial stuff has popped up I am taking night classes and cut 2 classes out. So now it will be a summer graduation. I am looking for work to assist my husband.
We have a big trip coming up in Oct….
My best cousin and her husband have no source of income bc her husband lost his job like 1 week ago and she is a recent college grad looking for work. So she can not afford to be apart of it… =-(
My brother in law is having a baby in a about a month or two… so they are strapped for cash. I am hosting their baby shower, bc her family is from North Louisiana which is 4-5 hours away. They do not have that many close family members but my hubby and I.
My car was dying in front of me like really and my husbands just purchased me a new car on Thursday. We have not had a car note in like 5 years we owned all of our cars. I really did not want a car note we prefer to be debt free to do things that we like to do… ugh
My daughter’s school has increase tuition bc she is in preschool now…
On top of it all my husband is not inviting his mother, father, and great grandmother bc of unresolved issues.
I have my dress; I have a deposit on the locations and stuff. I have sent out save the dates and the date is approaching quickly you send out invitations. Should we postpone and get out of this rainstorm first or go ahead with? How should I notify everyone we are postponing it? Help
Post # 3
i think u would end up losing money puting it off in the long run the money you likely put down and save the dates thing u have set u should just have ur vows celebrate
Post # 4
What would it cost you to postpone? Like, would your vendors charge you an extra fee?
How much would you lose, and can you live without that money, if you just cancelled altogether and sold your dress?
I mean, I hate to be blunt, but it’s a vow renewal. It’s wedding round 2 to the guy you already married. It’s really a luxury, and it sounds like a luxury you absolutely cannot afford right now.
If I were you, I’d be thinking about taking the hit with the money lost, selling off what you can, and maybe planning it for your 15 years. It really doesn’t sound like you need the added stress of planning a vow renewal, financially OR emotionally, right now.
Post # 5
@Amandarhill: I would skip the big trip and do it as planned with whoever can come.
Post # 6
I would skip it. It is a luxury you cannot afford. What are you going to do if you car (that is almost dead) bites the dust. You cannot use a vow renewal to get to work to support your family.
Even if you will lose money, don’t throw good money after bad.
Maybe try again in a few years when you have a better financial situation. Or have a down graded BBQ, or something else budget friendly that you can afford.
Post # 7
@riley23: we would only have to tell everyone that it is cancelled. We have up to a year to use the location from the date the deposit was made.
@andielovesj: Thank you!!
@ceebree: Thank you!
@Kissed_by_lightning: Thank you!
I wiil keep everyone updated!