(Closed) Shower & Bachelorette Party – SAME DAY?

posted 8 years ago in Parties
Post # 5
1995 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

hmm.. in my experience it’s a lot to do many activities at the same time.  We had my bachelorette Friday night, bridal shower Saturday morning, rehearsal Saturday afternoon, Rehersal dinner Saturday night and wedding Sunday morning.  TOO much!! 

They got me drunk on friday and I had to do so much between everything and hosting people, all my out of town family I was exhausted.  I’d recommend trying to come up with a slightly different plan – atleast spread it out like thurs-sunday maybe?

Post # 6
53 posts
Worker bee

I just did this! I live in London and all of my family and friends are in the US so it was the only way. We had the shower at my mom’s house saturday afternoon from 12-4 and mainly served soda and water (and food, obviously). We had a champagne punch but that was the only alcohol. Then my friends took me out that evening into NYC for dinner and drinks for my bachelorette. It was exhausting (especially since I was jetlagged!) but totally worth it and a ton of fun. If it’s the only way to go, I say go for it. Just don’t drink too much alcohol at the shower. My friends slept over at my parents’ house with me and we all had brunch together (which were the leftovers from the shower!) the next morning. For us it worked out well.

Post # 7
1757 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

My MOH had her shower and bachelorette party on the same day, and she was exhausted. It was one of the main reasons we changed it up for mine. I ended up having my shower on Friday night and my bachelorette on Saturday. We kept the shower fairly low-key, and on Saturday morning, all we did was mani/pedis and lunch. Saturday night, though, we ramped it up. By Sunday, we were all tired but not exhausted.

Post # 8
15 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2010

it’s probably just a lot of activities for one day. but if logistically it’s better or everyone, i’d say go for it. but yes, you will be tired. lots of sleep before?

Post # 9
455 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

We did this for my friend’s bridal/bachelorette with a few hour gap and a lot of people ended up not going to the bachelorette because they didn’t want to wait around.  But – she has bad friends so that might not be an issue. :p

And way to step up and plan something for your bride – I hate when people who say they’ll take the lead just bail on being in charge.

Post # 10
3620 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Personally, I would have loved it if my girls planned both the shower and the bachelorette for the same day, but of course most of my guests live in the same area. The way I looked at it, I’m so busy and I’m sure everyone else is, why take up TWO days of their summer when we can do it all in one day!? But I can see from your thread that there’s more history to it than that… good luck!!

Post # 11
277 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I had both on the same day. My guests live anywhere from 30mins – 6 hours away, so it made sense to do them both on the same day. 🙂

Post # 12
14186 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

We did the shower/bach party at my house on the same day. It wasn’t very stressful at all and pretty relaxing. We got together at 11 or so, had lunch, did presents, hung out/watched tv/went shopping while the MOH “set up” the living room for the night and then we had dinner at 6pm or so and went out. We had ice tea and soda and punch at the shower and it was all very laid back.

Post # 13
597 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

What I plan to do:

I am having a smaller wedding and will have low key parties… I am planning on, the night before the wedding….when some out of town friends will be in town….having a bridal shower/bachelorette party at the same time….only after the rehearsal dinner (which will also be low key)…

I will just have them bring bridal shower gifts to the bachelorette party, and it will be a smaller get together, more low key….

I think the idea of having both parties on same day as your friend suggests is good because then people only have to arrange to come one weekend/night/day….more convenient for them

The topic ‘Shower & Bachelorette Party – SAME DAY?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors