Shut It Up Pact 04/02-04/09

posted 3 years ago in Waiting
Post # 2
446 posts
Helper bee

Awww! Thank so much for the bravery bracelet! And thank you for taking over as pact leader! Here’s to keeping it shut!

Post # 4
446 posts
Helper bee

Ok. So engagment has been on my mind CONSTANTLY these last few weeks. Mainly, due to SO’s brother getting engaged in Feb, then his little sister getting engaged in March, his brother then getting married at the end of March, a friends bachelorette party, another friend’s engagement party, a wedding this weekend, and so on… Weddings/Engagements are straight up IN MY FACE these days.

It’s been a long. hard. sometimes miserable wait for me. Sometimes, it feels like there is no end in sight. I do know that it’s supposed to happen by the end of May. I want to be so excited, and I haven’t said anything since I found that out, but I’m also very afraid of getting my hopes up only to be disappointed.

I just need some hugs, y’all. Some words of encouragement. Thanks in advance!

Post # 6
143 posts
Blushing bee

Hope everyone is well.

SO and I move in together tomorrow and I have been in the pact for approaching 2 months. Wish me luck in keeping my mouth zipped. >.<

Post # 7
113 posts
Blushing bee

Still doing GREAT!!!!!

Post # 8
124 posts
Blushing bee

I NEED to just stop talking about weddings and marriage.  My SO isn’t even close to proposing, but I need to do it for my own sanity.  I want in…

Post # 9
271 posts
Helper bee

I gave my SO an ultimatum after 1 year. He proposed shortly after.

Happily married two years and TTC ( he initiated trying for baby!)

We are very happy. He always “fake proposes” all over again and get bothered whenever I take my ring off for a moment! 

Sometimes guys need a nudge. Just my opinion!

Post # 10
373 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

I’m back in for another week!

Post # 12
132 posts
Blushing bee

Yay for the shut it up pact!!

I’ve kept quiet for 2 months now after he brought up the wedding chat!! It’s been very very very hard but I’m proud of myself for keeping schtum!!! But now however he has not mentioned engagement or wedding or anything! I just want to slap him and say ‘get a move on sunshine!’ LOL!! 

Post # 13
40 posts
Newbee

Please count me in! I’m trying to wait patiently…. My SO has the ring, and I know he is planning something special…but WHEN?? I have to keep quiet so he has time to plan, think, etc…

Post # 14
8035 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2015

Very excited we just booked a long weekend in beach heaven for Memorial Day. Also a boat adventure happening first week in June.

I will resist nudging him because that would “ruin the surprise” and if he thinks I’ve guessed it I bet he would change his mind. 

Now if only his sibling would set a date… That’s our only hurdle. 

bellenola:  I know you can sympathize. It’s hard to wait in your own relationship much less with other people affecting the timing! You just wanna scream I DONT CARE PROPOSE ALREADY but alas that is not how we want to start an engagement. I want there to be zero resentment.

I’m just trying to focus on getting fit and setting up a lot of exciting plans for April and May. And of course… Shutting it up! He invited me to move in again but im going to hold on to not doing it with out the ring. I’m sooo close might as well stay true to myself. 

Post # 15
8035 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2015

ChristineMarie5711:  and thank you for keeping it going! I just know some of the SIU gals have engagaments brewing and I’ll be thrilled for each of you. I’m glad there is an okay place to vent about this stuff because I do not want to seem insane and drive my friends and family nuts talking about this. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors