Shut It Up Pact 04/16 – 04/30

posted 3 years ago in Waiting
Post # 2
143 posts
Blushing bee

How is everyone holding up?

Tomorrow I will have reached my 2 month shut it up goal, despite moving in together just under 2 weeks ago.  Tomorrow we are going on holiday to one of the most romantic places in the world. Wish me luck bees, I just need to stave off a mini breakdown at every romantic turn. Ugh.

Any positive hints happening for anyone?

Post # 4
419 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

inamorata:  Yay 2 months for you! And I am holding my breath for you and your romantic holiday!!!! Woo! And congrats on the move! Be sure to keep us updated!

I guess I am back to day 3 after my weekend check-in. Now it is time to get SERIOUS! I think he will be asking at some point this summer, so I really want to layoff on talking about anything. I’m sure Easter at his grandma’s house will have some question-dodging… but hey, what family function doesn’t – right?

Post # 5
314 posts
Helper bee

I have been keeping up with the pact.  Things have been going so smoothly that it has been hard to keep my mouth shut!  Luckily work and school are keeping me busy so that makes it easier.  I still don’t  know when to expect a proposal, but his mom has already been asking questions for a while and my mom has finally started asking when we are going to take the next step, but hopefully they will keep the questions to a minimum so I can keep my sanity. 

Post # 6
662 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

inamorata:  Crossing my fingers for you and your romantic holiday! 2 months if shutting it up is amazing! Hope it pays off this weekend.

BrownPlaidBook:  I think it will happen this summer too which I also need to get serious about shutting it up! My BFF and I went to the gym tonight to work off some steam, maybe I can put all of my efforts into working out instead of talking about wedding stuff!

————————————————————————————————————–

Hey bee’s! 

Im having a “LETS GET MARRIED NOWWWWWWWWWWWW!” kind of day, but SO has no idea, haha. I am not obessed with wedding stuff as much as I am with the stuff that comes after us being married. We agreed to buy a house once we are married and I want one so bad. I look at new ones everyday online,…every single day. I just wanna be married now…married. Not engaged… married. Last name changed, name on our house together, baby making married people 🙂

How are the rest of you SIUP bees holding up?!

Post # 8
132 posts
Blushing bee

ChristineMarie5711:  thank you for the strength charm! Still going strong getting to the 3.5 month mark! If he doesn’t do something about it soon I may just have to beat him! LOL! Although he wanted to ‘wedding talk’ the other night and I politely told him until the ring was on my finger I have no intentions of discussing anything to do with weddings and marriage! But every ‘date night’ or perfect evening I still get my hopes up just to have them come crashing down 🙁 keep strong bees! We can do this!

Post # 9
194 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

How can I join this? My boyfriend and I went ring shopping in Feb and have had a ring custom made eeeek! I cannot wait to have it on my finger! i am almost certain he has the ring now and I’m dying to get engaged but I’m trying so hard not to talk about it! :S I’m really hoping it happens this weekend but I don’t want to get my hopes up!! 🙁 how can I stop my mind from constantly thinking about it?! 

Post # 11
40 posts
Newbee

PLEASE put me on this list! My boyfriend has had my ring for 5 weeks this Saturday. We have sort of already picked out a date for the wedding because we want to get married this summer, and there is literally only 1 Saturday that will work and us be able to go on a honeymoon right after (due to work schedules, etc.). Anyway, it’s likely to be on August 2nd. So soon! And yet, I’m freaking because I don’t have the ring yet and need that so I can get a venue booked and let all my VIPs know the date. Have to wait until it’s official of course! Since the wedding will be so soon from now, I’m stressed about making sure everyone that I want to be there will be able to be there. It’s summer and people may be making last minute vacation plans, etc. I am ironically not at all stressed about actually planning the wedding… Probably because I have thought through nearly every detail already.

Anyway, it’s SO hard not to bring up the topic or even hint about it. Plus, my BF said he hasn’t had time to do the things he needs to do first in order to be able to propose (like ask my dad for his blessing and make whatever arrangements for whatever he has planned for the proposal). My goal is to be patient and SIU (with him at least) until the end of this month. At that point, it will be 3 months from the estimated wedding date, and if he hasn’t proposed, I’m gonna have to bring it up again because people need to know how to plan.

I need encouragement, support, etc from other waiting bees! 🙂

Post # 12
40 posts
Newbee

missopal:  My BF bought my ring almost 5 weeks ago, so I know what you are going through! I am dying to get engaged as well! If the thought comes into your head, immediately replace it with something else. That’s what I am going to try to do. 🙂

Post # 13
8009 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

Oh man, I have completely planned our wedding. He’ll be thrilled with all of it when the time is right, and planning will be easy breezy as the research is done and vendors picked! (oops)

Hes been dropping hints left and right with a wink its killing me. LESS TALK MORE RING! But Ive been focusing on work and fitness. Realized through WW I’ve lost 13 lbs since January! I just stick with it and forgot about it and one day the jeans werent bursting. Woohoo! Just in time for beach season. Really just trying to live it up, its going to be a great summer.

Post # 14
8009 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

Good luck to all my ladies going into the weekend. Curious- does anyone else not live with their SO?

my poor FH’s grandfather passed last night so he certainly won’t be proposing. I’m going to make him his favorite meals this weekend, poor dear. I was just there a monthish ago! Grandparents, just breaking our hearts slowly!

Post # 15
40 posts
Newbee

My SO and I don’t live together, and we won’t be until we are married. We are both Christians and don’t believe in living together or sleeping together before then. So hard though, especially since he’s been married before and I once lived my life a different way… BUT, it’ll be worth it! And we have lots to look forward to!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors