Shut It Up Pact (SIUP) 2017

posted 3 months ago in Waiting
Post # 17
120 posts
Blushing bee

becks90 :  Thanks, me too!! This morning, the first thing he said when he woke up was that he dreamed he proposed to me but it wasn’t a very pretty place and dream-me was disappointed. Real life-me told him that he could propose in the parking lot of a grocery store and I would be ecstatic, but he said, “No no, and besides, I’ve had the perfect proposal for you planned for a while now.” So I had to try my best to play it cool but internally I was freaking out a little bit because I’m more of the planner in the relationship, so it’s really sweet that he has already daydreamed about and planned our proposal like a year in advance. And he brought it up! So I’ll consider that not breaking the pact 🙂

So sweet that your SO is interested in wedding dresses and remembers what you like!! I really want to visit Costa Rica too 🙂 Looks beautiful.

Post # 18
77 posts
Worker bee

Haha we ended up talking about it tonight. It was started by him and I continued the conversation a bit. He said he can see us at least engaged by this time next year… now, just to survive the waiting game until then. lol. He pretty much guaranteed me a non fancy proposal, but said he will propose as soon as he is ready. 

Post # 19
112 posts
Blushing bee

For this to work I might have to unpack mine to $5 lol

Post # 20
37 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: February 2020

I have been good but sometimes it is so hard. Though he mentioned it will be within the year which is huge for him to even out a time line on it. We have already started to save for everything so think that helps. 

The other day I made a tongue in cheek comment and he said “I can’t buy a ring if I don’t know the size”. I about died I don’t even know my ring size lol Guess I need to get on that and give it to him. Now that the holidays have pass it makes it easier to not think about it as much. 

Post # 22
322 posts
Helper bee

Okay bees, I’m officially putting myself on SIUP because I f**ked up Valentine’s Day by causing an argument. It was only a very short one and we made up pretty quickly, but I’m so disappointed in myself as I never wanted to be the girl who ruined occasions by bitching about a lack of proposal. 

It’s going to be super hard, because I work in weddings and yet another one of our close friends got engaged last week, but my BF has officially told me straight up, ‘I don’t have a ring, and I’m not planning a proposal imminently.’ It’s going to happen sometime this year, but I just need to chill and stop ruining special days by thinking about it so much! 

Post # 24
120 posts
Blushing bee

I need to be better at this pact… A few days ago, my SO mentioned that he needed to be more frugal so he could save money, and asked if he could see pictures of what kind of rings I like. (!!! first time he’s asked!) So I showed him my favourite MoissaniteCo ring and he really liked it, and that was that. But then yesterday, on Valentine’s Day, we went to dinner and there was a nice mall next door so we went in and there was a jewelry store… I kept looking over at it (oops) and he asked if I wanted to go in, and I said yeah I’d like to look at the sapphire necklaces. 

While we were in the store, the sales lady said, “Over here is the engagement ring section,” and I said, “Oh, no, we don’t have to go over there” and my SO says, “We can!” And then the sales lady asked if I wanted to try any on, and I turned bright red and SO says, “It’s up to you!” So we sat down and I tried two rings on while the sales lady kept asking us if we wanted financing and to open a line of credit with them, and being super pushy about it. We said no thanks, my boyfriend pointed out which of the rings he liked and didn’t like, and then we hightailed it out of there.

Honestly I was SO embarrassed, I had NO intention of trying on rings and I wasn’t trying to trick him into looking or anything. He was such a good sport about it though. After we left, I said, “Okay, so that pushiness made us uncomfortable, so maybe when we actually go ring shopping eventually, let’s not go to a mall store. But that’s a problem for future us.” And he said, “But not in the too distant future, right?”

So I guess it went well overall, he wasn’t freaked out or mad. I just felt so embarrassed. I really need to not bring up engagement stuff with him for a while so he doesn’t think I planned all that to try to pressure him!!

Post # 26
18 posts
Newbee

Alrighty so I’m new here but I really need to join the pact. I’m currently long distance which makes it all so much harder because everytime I skype with him, I want to bring it up! He’s already said that as soon as he’s done with his graduate program, he’ll propose but I’m just so impatient! Ahhhhhh 

Post # 27
28 posts
Newbee

Hi all, I’m new here: joined weddingbee in sort of hopeful anticipation of an upcoming proposal!

I’m joining the pact too – I had been patiently waiting for about 6 months (after the timeline/future convo, we’ve been dating 3.5 years) – but had a bit of a hormone fuelled meltdown in December! Since, I’ve probably been a bit too much “on his case”, though he’s been a real sweetie about it, and even told me back in the second week of January that he’d started planning my surprise (I think to calm me down, after the whole over emotional thing). I’ve been bringing up wedding stuff too much, by my own admission, and I want to keep quiet now in case I spoil his surprise! 

Good luck with your pacts of silence! 🙂

Post # 28
670 posts
Busy bee

I haven’t talked about anything wedding related for a long time with my BF. I’m probably a little older than some of you ladies and I love this “pre-engagement” dating period. There’s a lot to look forward to. We moved in together last April, and I want to give us a whole year of living together before really talking about when we should get engaged and married. We’ve been together a little over 4 years total. I think in April I might buy a wedding magazine and put it on the coffee table. LOL. I’m kidding, kinda. We’re way too old for playing games like that and “hinting,” but like I said, I find this whole process a lot of fun so I might do it to start the conversation. 🙂

Post # 29
3289 posts
Sugar bee

How is it going ladies? 

We have a lot going on with us- figuring out some “life logistics” but it hit me how much I really love that man- even during down times like what we are having now. 

Earlier today he mentioned that we should just get married- he brought it up out of the air, in a joking way… so it is on his mind, probably more than it is on mine at this point. 

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors