Post # 1
Anyone else completely sick of FB?
I am thinking of deactiviting my account, but it seems that I would lose contact with so many people. I feel that a good chunk of my family/friends use facebook to communicate about everything (births, deaths, engagements, moving, etc).
Anyone else deactivite their account?
Post # 3
I’m not so much sick of Facebook as I am sick of certain people on Facebook. But that’s a simple click of the mouse to hide them from my newsfeed and I’m ok again. In all honesty though about 90% of my facebook newsfeed is cats or dogs photos from rescue groups, animal lover group etc.. So they keep me sane.
Post # 4
- Wedding: October 2013 - Vine Street Church
Nope, I love Facebook. I attended five colleges in different states/countries, have family/friends spread throughout the world and lived in two other countries, so it’s a fabulous way to keep track of all of my friends and loved ones.
Post # 5
@californiabride2013: I just hide the people that annoy me.
Post # 6
@krayzay87: +1 on being sick of certain people on Facebook.
I moved around quite a bit so use FB to stay in touch. However, one of my goals for 2014 is to stay offline more (WBee doesn’t count!) in terms of FB, Instagram, etc.. I just feel as if I’m getting too old for it, and recently, all I see are pics of toddlers/babies/kids.
I will keep my FB up, but will limit how often I access it.
Post # 7
About 2 years ago I was so damn sick of Facebook and all the drama with idiots from school etc so I deleted my account (not just deactivated, actually deleted). It was good, but I missed out on so many events and so much news because I was out of the loop. I created a new account about a year ago, and didn’t add any education/work info and used a new email address. I’m now only “friends” with family and people I actually like, and now really like Facebook again. Moral of the story – only add people as friends if you are actually friends with them!
Post # 8
i really don’t go on much
Post # 9
I love it to keep up with friends and family. The ones that are drama and annoying get hidden/deleted. Easy as that!
Post # 10
- Wedding: May 2013 - Pavilion overlooking golf course scenery, reception at banquet hall
I’m not sick of facebook… having 40+ people hidden from my feed may have something to do with it, though.
Post # 11
So sick of Facebook. I would delete it except that a) I would instantly lose contact with all the friends I made when I lived abroad, and b) I’d be worried I wouldn’t be able to sign in to the games I play on my iPhone that make you connect to Facebook.
It is so nice being able to hide the posts that annoy me, though!
Post # 12
I’m sick of the crap that comes along with fb like the incessant ads for crap I don’t want, need, or care about. And the constant changing of security and privacy protocols that reset my page back to default where eveything is revealed to every online criminal out there. I’m not comfortable with any picture I load becoming property of fb even if I delete them, I still have no control because I don’t own them anymore. Plus I’m sick of baby and kid pics and videos. And every relative I have now follows my every post and update to the point that I don’t even use the status function anymore. Too many ppl have access to my private life now that I can’t just unfollow without it being rude and hurtful to those ppl. FB posts that I “like” things that I never did actually click like for. Plus the latest android app update now wants to read my text messages along with all the other permissions that I’m not really comfortable with. I’m ready to delete, I don’t know y I don’t. I guess I check it out of boredom. I’ve had fb since it started when u had to be a college student to login and it’s sooo not the same program as when it began.
Post # 13
I HATED it. Then I deleted and blocked (so that they would hopefully think I just quit facebook and not get hurt feelings) all but 50 of my closest friends and family who I actually like. Now it’s much more enjoyable and worthwhile to me. BUT, there were hurt feelings when people realized they had been deleted. Even though I blocked them, they still figured it out by asking other family members if they were still friends with me. Why anyone would go to that much trouble to figure out of they had been deleted on FB is beyond me, but they did it.
I feel like it’s a lose-lose situation.
Post # 14
@BeeG35: are you sure that posted photos become property of FB?
Post # 15
I like it! I only have 120 friends and family members on mine, I actually like 90% of the people on my list, and the other 10% were easy to hide.
Post # 16
@californiabride2013: I’m sick of facebook to a certain extent. I think I’m more annoyed by specific people and its easy enough to hide them. I do feel like I go online too much, so maybe I’ll try and cut back on that a bit next year.