(Closed) SO appreciation thread

posted 7 years ago in Relationships
Post # 3
Member
3564 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Such a nice thread 🙂

I appreciate my FI because :

He booked our honeymoon all by himself, even though I had my doubts he would get it done!

He washed all the dishes last night without me even asking.

He always brings water to bed with him for when I get thirsty in the middle of the night.

He let me watch Law & Order last night while the Stanley Cup finals were on.

Post # 4
Member
3526 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

AW.

I LOVE my FI because:

he’s amazing, funny, understanding.

he’s been a part of all the DIY crafts for the wedding instead of making me do it all myself like some other guys

he finished the last 30 invites so that we can have a easier evening the other day!

he’s a clean freak! 😀 He does stuff around the house, cooks, cleans, etc, some weeks more than me!

he spends his half days doing stuff/fixing things around the house so I don’t have to do it when I get out of work.

Post # 5
Member
283 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I appreciate him because:

He has been looking after me for the last week (I have been sick)

He makes me laugh and understands my quirks

He always goes out of his way to make me happy

 

Post # 6
Member
5496 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2010

Great thread!

I appreciate my hubby for:

Making me laugh when he can “tell” that I need one

Giving me shoulder rubs and back massages before bed when I’m sore

Doing dishes every night (I cook)

Being supportive of everything (right now I’m going thru a very hard time with my   mother’s bankruptcy)

 

 

Post # 8
Member
11328 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2011

I appreciate FI for: 

– going with me on Sunday to my art show and sitting with me for FIVE HOURS while I didn’t sell anything…. and not once complaining

– Not griping about actually doing half of the housework

– cracking me up pretty much every day

– being supportive of me wanting a real wedding with all the fixins’, even though he’d so much rather elope to vegas

Post # 10
Member
98 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I appreciate FI because

–he put up with a few hours of shopping for an interview outfit yesterday and comforted me when i had a weeping breakdown in the middle of macy’s because nothing fit…

–he doesn’t complain when i put on Say Yes To the Dress

–he gives me back rubs on a regular basis

–he puts up with me when i’m in a bad mood and always tries to cheer me up

this was a good thread for me today, since i’m still a little peeved that he forgot our three year anniversary the other day. 

Post # 11
Member
1347 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

The little things that I love:

– he has been genuinely invested and interested in planning the wedding with me and helping every step of the way

– he is endlessly patient even when I’m being a crab

– he takes awesome care of me when I feel sick

 

 

Post # 12
Member
224 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Awww yay.  I love FH because

he bought and planted a bunch of flowers on our terrace one Saturday last month, while I was at work.

last night he got home twelve minutes before me, and managed to change his clothes, get the clothing tubs down from the storage crawl space, AND change the sheets on our bed.  then he made me an egg-and-cheese sammich when I got home starving.

he is cool as a cucumber 95% of the time, in sharp contrast to my constant state of anxiety and tension.  just don’t play MarioKart with him, the other 5% is LOUD.

he watches Cake Boss with me and has even admitted to liking it.

 

Post # 14
Member
4024 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

This is the perfect thread right now. My FI has been absolutely AMAZING. He is getting off work early today to go to my Dr appointment and driving me home. He has been so unbelievably supportive in a nerve racking time.

Post # 15
Member
469 posts
Helper bee

I am a teacher and I got my pink slip in May. Yesterday was my last day before summer and I was done at noon. He came home at the same time from work (which he NEVER does) to support me and take me out to eat.

The topic ‘SO appreciation thread’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors