- 3 years ago
- Wedding: June 2015
Here are the coles notes of my situation so far:
– the ring is ready to go 🙂
– i’m 95% sure he’ll propose before we go home for christmas (in 2.5 weeks)
– he’s said recently he doesn’t want to propose in our current city because it’s ‘not special’ (which i don’t get, but whatever)
– for my recent birthday, he told me he’d like to take me on a trip for my present 🙂
– i know he doesn’t want to propose in front of other people, so a christmas proposal at home is almost certainly out
SO – last night he booked a trip for us to malaga, spain! we leave in 8 days. we’ll be there for a long weekend (we live in europe, so that’s not crazy) and he booked us a fancy hotel (definitely nicer than we usually stay at – we’re students!). I found a restaurant that is supposed to be amazing, beautiful views etc and mentioned it to him while i was cooking dinner – two seconds later,i turn around and he’s made a reservation!
so now i’m freaking haha – all my friends here immediately made proposal predictions, and my best friend at home is on ‘facetime red alert’! and, because i’m a complete nut, all i’m doing is planning outfits in my head – ideas anyone?
after this trip we are travelling non stop – home to canada, then to florida, then back to canada, on to europe, then to africa and back to europe. all in like 4 weeks! sooooo i think this is it! the other trips aside from africa are family centered – knowing him, they would be a strange choice for him.