SO close to buying – calling all size 5 solitaire 1-1.25 moissanites!!!

posted 3 years ago in Rings
  • poll: Which size stone should I go with?
    1 carat : (26 votes)
    31 %
    1.25 : (39 votes)
    46 %
    even smaller : (10 votes)
    12 %
    even bigger : (10 votes)
    12 %
  • Post # 3
    816 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: November 2013

Mine is not a solitare but I have a 5.25 finger so this might help. My ring is a 1 carat moissy. Can you go to a jewelry store to just to compare?

Post # 4
    84 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: March 2014

Hello! I have a 1 carat round. Originally I was a size 7, but I’ve lost crazy amounts of weight and now I am a size 5!! (The photo is from the resized ring – now size 5)

I originally tought 1 carat was a great size, however, I also live on an area where engagement rings are smaller, the larger ones are about .6 carat. I have to be honest, sometimes I wish I had picked a smaller one. When I compare my ring to the rings of my friends, it looks huuuge! And sadly, sometimes I feel ring regret…  If I could turn back time I would pick a .75 or even a .66!! 

Post # 5
    301 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2015

My moissy ring is 1 carat on size 4, so probably proportional to a 1.25 on you. Band is 1.9mm. I love it, but occasionally I wish I’d gone a little smaller, because it’s way larger than my friends’/coworkers’ rings, and also it covers so much of my finger that it’ll be hard to see a wedding band underneath it. (First world problems, obvs)

Post # 6
    3112 posts
    Sugar bee

@misstwinkle:  I’m sorry that I’m a 6.5, but this is a 1.25 moissy.  Definitely get at least a 1.25.  That 1 would shrink pretty quick!

Post # 7
    444 posts
    Helper bee

@misstwinkle:  I voted 1.25.  I think that’s a very reasonable size for a center stone, and that’s the size I’m hoping to get.  

@luckylady3090:  Ooh, I’m digging your ring!  That’s the style I’ve been admiring most lately.  Can I ask where the setting came from?  Are the halo stones moissy or diamond?

Post # 8
    1779 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: August 1997

@misstwinkle:  since you live in Switzerland, I would definitely go with a much smaller size than a carat. I say this based on the cultural norms and exhorbitant prices for diamonds/jewelry in Switzerland.

You also said: “I don’t want something that, in this cultural context, screams costume jewelry.

The larger you go, the more obvious it will be that it’s not a diamond but a simulant. Also with moissanite a carat and above, even the enhanced jewels have color in some light. People post their best pics here of course (as we all do) and even so, there are quite a few instances where one can see the slight green/yellow hue in their ring.

Just my 2c,

Post # 9
    367 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2009

Does Amora gem count as moissy? I say yes as it’s silicon carbide…..

Here is my 1.25 ct. equivalent Amora gem solitaire on a size 5 finger – exactly in the spec range you looking for.

Post # 10
    511 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

I have a size 4.5 ring and a 0.75 carat moissanite. Hopefully close enough to be useful!

Post # 11
    816 posts
    Busy bee

@qwerty2k1:  Thank you! I love the look of the plain shank halo with a more blingy wesding band. My halo os made of diamonds (.5 carats) and my band is also a half carat. My husband got it from Gabriel & Co. They have a few plain shank halo styles if you look online. Here is my Gabriel set.

Post # 12
    816 posts
    Busy bee

Sorry for all the typos. 🙂

Post # 13
    1905 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: December 2014

Mine is a 1.3 carat round brilliant. Not a moist but thought you may want to see since I am a 5.5 finger. 

Post # 14
    444 posts
    Helper bee

@luckylady3090:  Oh, that is gorgeous, I couldn’t agree more!I’ll be checking their rings out 🙂

Post # 16
    435 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

I’m a size 5.25 with a 0.75 equivalent enhanced moissanite. Photo 1 is a close-up, photo 2 is a bit farther away (the prongs were too large so they got shaved down after the first 2 photos), and photo 3 is with wedding band. I love the coverage of my 6mm/.75 moissy on my finger:

ETA: In your case where you’re debating between 1 carat and 1.25 carats I would recommend the 1 carat– I think it’ll be beautiful coverage!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors