(Closed) so nye (and other recently wed) ladies, how’d everything go? spill it all!!

posted 7 years ago in December 2010
Post # 3
435 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

@future.mrs.v:  How beautiful the snow would have been!!!

I know we’ve had a bit of a conversation on another board but, here goes.

I’m in Ontario and all I wanted for my wedding was snow…we had snow for two months before and the day of my wedding it all melted.  I woke up and there was snow and by mid-day it was all gone!!!  I had purchased white snow boots for pictures but ended up option for my rain boots because it was so muddy out!  Oh and it was pissing rain at some points!

Thankfully there were still some mini icebergs on the water and we were able to get some shots.  I will post my full recap when I get my pro-photos, I’ve seen some previews and they are spectacular.

My morning was super relaxing.  Got some McDonalds breakfast (my favourite), went over to the (at the time) future in laws for 1.5 hours for coffee.  Dropped off my leftover chili fro the rehearsal dinner to a friend’s place because he loved it so much.

A few really good things happened that day.  My husband’s ring showed up the day of the wedding so he had it, yay!  Since our wedding party was so small we didn’t arrange for transportation, we were just going to drive but then my husband’s uncle offered up his brand new escalade, another bonus!

Everything went along really well until my hair started falling out…but my friend fixed me up before the ceremony, then the rest of the night was amazing except for of course the food!  We paid almost double the going rate for our area and Mr. YourGuestsWillBeWowed dropped the ball, huge!!!!  I having people pull me aside telling me how fantastic the cupcakes were and how fantastic the pizza was after midnight, not too many comments on the expensive food.  BUT people did love the sliders!

Post # 5
5921 posts
Bee Keeper

Hi beautiful ladies!

Good: Our ceremony was fan-freakin-tastic.  I

t was crazy and 65 degrees and sunny…in December…in Missouri.  So crazy!

Our food was a huge hit. 

My hair turned out really well.

Our flower girls actually walked down the aisle.

Our midnight countdown was a BLAST.

Bad: My bridesmaids left me at the salon because they didn’t like their hair so they left to go fix it.

We didn’t go through nearly all of our NON-returnable alcohol.

The table skirts didn’t fit, and the rental place was closed.

My centerpieces ended up looking a little small and bare on the tables.

Ugly: One of our ushers got arrested after the rehearsal for a DWI and spent the night in jail.

One of our groomsmen got hammered at his hotel BEFORE the ceremony, and was a royal douchebag.  He insulted the Catholic faith, our officiant, offered to take DH’s 87 year old grandpa to get a happy ending at a strip club, grabbed my cousin’s boobs while she was pinning his bout, almost fell over at the ceremony, insulted everyone at the reception, and almost got punched.

I feel better now.

Post # 6
159 posts
Blushing bee

I am so sad it’s all over.  The good…weather – 40 deg in Phila.  The rehearsal was on Wed, and Thurs all we had to do the day before was to meet w our venue to go over final details.  Thurs night we checked into the hotel, had dinner, put our jammies on and watched movies.  It was heavenly. 

The next day we got up, had room service.  I went to the gym for a workout.  Then the chaos.  The girls arrived, the hair and makeup women arrived.  At some point my husband stopped by to say hi – he was so sweet, and it was good to see him in his tux.  We got dressed, everyone looked spectacular.  I was thrilled with my hair and makeup.  We got to the church, it looked fabulous, christmas lights and luminaries added to the ambience.  We all waited in a room together.  We had a bit of a first look with everyone there.  I think we were a bit overwhelmed by the emotion we both had and everyone in the room just stood there watching us.   

The food at the reception was amazing.  Our friends and family were there.  It really couldnt have been more perfect.  Oh – and before we left for our honeymoon – we had a few pictures from our photographer posted on his blog-  http://www.miguel-serrano.com – check them out – they are amazing.

Bad things – The limo was late  – about 45 min.  Good news – I had padded the timeline about 45 min and were werent ready anyway until they arrived.    I didnt get to eat much – it was a cocktail party like food situation, and I just didnt make the time.  That still makes me sad. 

My photographer sent us 450 photos to review tonight – πŸ™‚

It was perfect.  It couldnt have been any better.  Unless we were doing again this weekend.

Post # 7
159 posts
Blushing bee

I am so sad it’s all over.  The good…weather – 40 deg in Phila.  The rehearsal was on Wed, and Thurs all we had to do the day before was to meet w our venue to go over final details.  Thurs night we checked into the hotel, had dinner, put our jammies on and watched movies.  It was heavenly. 

The next day we got up, had room service.  I went to the gym for a workout.  Then the chaos.  The girls arrived, the hair and makeup women arrived.  At some point my husband stopped by to say hi – he was so sweet, and it was good to see him in his tux.  We got dressed, everyone looked spectacular.  I was thrilled with my hair and makeup.  We got to the church, it looked fabulous, christmas lights and luminaries added to the ambience.  We all waited in a room together.  We had a bit of a first look with everyone there.  I think we were a bit overwhelmed by the emotion we both had and everyone in the room just stood there watching us.   

The food at the reception was amazing.  Our friends and family were there.  It really couldnt have been more perfect.  Oh – and before we left for our honeymoon – we had a few pictures from our photographer posted on his blog-  http://www.miguel-serrano.com – check them out – they are amazing.

Bad things – The limo was late  – about 45 min.  Good news – I had padded the timeline about 45 min and were werent ready anyway until they arrived.    I didnt get to eat much – it was a cocktail party like food situation, and I just didnt make the time.  That still makes me sad. 

My photographer sent us 450 photos to review tonight – πŸ™‚

It was perfect.  It couldnt have been any better.  Unless we were doing again this weekend.

The topic ‘so nye (and other recently wed) ladies, how’d everything go? spill it all!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors