- 6 years ago
- Wedding: August 2012
My wedding was last Saturday and it was a huge disappointment. Everything went all wrong. Where do I even begin.
– 2 days before the wedding a huge zit decided to plant itself on my cheek! Makeup did not help and only made it stand out more, also my FI’s car wasn’t working so we could not get everything we needed to get done until hours later.
– Speaking of makeup, the makeup and hair guy sucked! He was not professional at all! I told him a soft, natural look, gave him examples and he decideds to but bright pink blush all over my face, pink eyeshadow in my inner corner and instead of a brown eyeshadow crease color, he uses EYELINER to outline the crease and he colored it in using the eyeliner! Who does that?!? He was not sanitary either. I wanted to wash my face off but the camera and videographers were there to record and we were already behind schedule. 🙁 It was not the look I wanted, I felt like a clown.The day after the wedding, I cried big time.
– I had also told him I wanted my hair down and curled for the church ceremony and just a loose, side bun for the morning tea ceremony…and what does he do? He puts my hair up in an updo and hairsprays it on so much that it wont budge, even if I wanted to take the pins out for the church part, it won’t look right because of my hair stiff from the hairspray! And I had no time in between to wash everything out either so I was stuck with a tight updo that gave me a headache all day!
– Here is the worst part of the day: The priest forgot about my wedding!! We were locked outside the church, all the flowers to the altar and decor were starting to wilt in the sun. I was waiting outside with my makeup just melting right off! When a priest finally showed up, he said he was the new head priest of the church and that the previous one didn’t let him know about the wedding!! And even more depressing...the choir never showed up!!! I had to walk down the aisle with NO MUSIC . It was depressing, awkward and just embarrassing. I was told 2 days before the wedding that the previous priest had everything set up and confirmed for my big day but there must had been some miscommunication! OMG I could not focus on the priest or the ceremony, I wanted to cry.
– the groom screwed up vows…and someone puked during the church ceremony.
– Spent $80 printing out wedding programs with the readings and songs in them and no one took any…Waste of money.
– At the reception, since I was DIY’d my centerpieces, my family did not have time to set them up and someone forgot to bring the flowers!! So we had no centerpieces!!! My centerpieces werent anything elaborate…just milkglass vases with flowers! I was so mad, I spent a lot of time collecting the vases and money to buy the rest 🙁
– Some people who rsvp’d that they would come did not show up! My best friend did not come either 🙁
Some good things about the wedding:
The food was alright, the mariachi band we hired were awesome!!!! and the cake was pretty. And I loved my dress.
I’m still sad that my day did not turn out to how I wanted it to be. I have not received the photos or video from the wedding yet but I don’t even want to look at them because I know I was not smiling or having fun in them. Hubby thinks we should do something big and special on either our 1 yr or 5 yr wedding anniversary but I just don’t know.