(Closed) So I haven't done anything in about a month… 4/6/13

posted 6 years ago in April 2013
Post # 3
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: April 2013

I feel ya on the DIY thing. I’m also worried the cat or dog might get to them and mess them up. So far we have the venue, photographer, cake, catering, dj, photo booth and colors picked out.. Oh and our StDs came in last week. I still need to gather all of the addresses and start that daunting task… I feel like I have a lot accomplished so far though!

Post # 4
1021 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

We’re meeting with the caterer and doing a tasting next week. Other than that we haven’t done any actual planning the past few weeks, even though I spend every waking hour thinking about wedding-related stuff. 

Are you looking to send your STD design off to be printed? Another bee posted that Vistaprint has a Groupon right now. $17 for $70 worth of prints.

Also, we’re date twins!

Post # 5
306 posts
Helper bee

I made a few signs and some jewelry but that’s about it. I’m patiently (or not) waiting for some epics to come back so we can do our STD. Hopefully soon!

Post # 6
165 posts
Blushing bee

I’ve started a lot of DIY, but not finished one thing yet, lol. Hopefully I will get one of these projects done by mid July. We got our STD’s printed and ready to go, except for the compiling addresses part of it.

Post # 7
224 posts
Helper bee

I booked a caterer and……….that’s about it, lol. My sister’s friend is a graphic designer and is beginning work on our STDs to go out end of next month *fingers crossed*. Honestly I need a bit of a break so haven’t done too much.

Post # 8
1239 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

@AriaAmante:  Im doing a DW quite far from home (12 hours flight for most people) so I have already sent out my STDs, but not much since. Finished my website and emailed the url to guests this week.

Post # 9
676 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I feel like right now I am at a planning stand still, it is too early to do a lot of stuff and everything that should be done by now has been done. May start making the centerpieces soon otherwise I am going to drive myself crazy thinking about “what am I forgetting”

Post # 10
381 posts
Helper bee

I’ve been slowly collecting bottles for centerpieces, I’m going to find my shoes and personalize them soon bc my first fitting is in November, and I’m going to docenterpiece trials to see what I like or don’t for that matter. 

Post # 11
224 posts
Helper bee

Thought I would do an update:

Booked my florist last week who are absolutely wonderful! They worked with my budget which I am truly grateful for and have even hooked me up with an officiant. I have also started writing our ceremony (this is a beast I am glad I started tackling early). My graphic designer is already prepping our invites (scrolls) so I decided why not get all the written work out the way. I start back work (teaching) in a few weeks and really don’t want all my school breaks clogged up with wedding stuff so I am trying to be super productive these last few weeks. MOH just informed me our shower will be Thanksgiving weekend *excited*. We still need a DJ, but I feel less pressure for that now that the biggies (venue, photographer, caterer, etc.) are booked. Starting to sink in that it’s really happening!

Post # 12
165 posts
Blushing bee

Did 2 tasting yesturday, and have decided on one. Will be booking caterer early next week. Like @mathis13 got the big things booked (venue, photographer, caterer).

Post # 13
381 posts
Helper bee

Sooo anyone send out the save thedates yet?

Post # 14
528 posts
Busy bee

@ParaSarah: Not yet, still waiting to get the proofs back from my Invitation Company. I was thinking of waiting until the first week of September just because most people will be done with their vacations, kids will be back at school, and for the most part things will be getting back to normal (until the holidays). My Mom actually suggested waiting until September because she said in the Summer more people are likely to let their mail stack up and things can be lost and such…

What about any one else?

Post # 15
528 posts
Busy bee

@vasfinest:  How many entree’s are you allowed to offer? Are you doing sit-down or buffet? We went to the tasting and loved the chicken and the filet however my Mom thinks we should serve a fish…just curious to see what everyone is offering for their meals..

Post # 16
94 posts
Worker bee

I’m meeting with a coordinator this week and planning our small engagement party that’ll be next month. I feel like I’ve done a lot of planning already and the rest has to wait for a few months. Or maybe I’m just telling myself that because I think I need a break. : ]

The topic ‘So I haven't done anything in about a month… 4/6/13’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors