- 10 years ago
i just started looking for a ceremony site and emailed a few churches and i cannot get over how many rules there are!!! The few that i have received info from (irvine/newport beach in california) have given me rules, ranging from —
- no strapless dresses! (uh hello! um…thats like 95% of brides)
- no spaghetti straps! (what?!??!)
- no wedding pictures are to be taken in teh auditorium before the ceremony
- orr all pictures in the sanctuary must be completed at least 1/2 hour before the start of the ceremony
- videotaping of the service is permitted only if the camera remains stationary during the service!
- neither photographers nor videographers are premitted to move freely in full view of the congregation
- taped music, including accompaniments, are not allowed for the wedding service
- only specific songs can be used and you have to use their church pianist…
i understand some rules…of course its a house of God…buuut…..
anyways, wanted to vent a little, but also see if anyone knew of any reasonable churches or ceremony sites (maybe on the beach or something??) in the area…i have a reception site in newport beach/costa mesa area but want to find a separate, not too pricey ceremony site. Any suggestions??