Post # 1
So our wedding is Saturday and everything had been going to smoothly… we just knew it was too good to be true. Sure enough, in the last 2 hours:
* I found out that my brother (my ONLY sibling) is not going to be able to attend my wedding. He was supposed to be coming from across the country to be here, but (long story) now he’s not. I’m absolutely CRUSHED. I hardly get to talk to him anymore since he moved away several months ago, and I was really looking forward to seeing him. He was also supposed to escort my mom down the aisle AND be our second photographer, since that’s a big hobby of his and he’s awesome at it. I’m so upset. 🙁
* My day-of coordinator gave me an incorrect cell phone number (she typed it wrong in an email to me), so I was freaking out all week, calling her and leaving messages about various things and not hearing back… then today I finally got a call from this random guy telling me that I’ve been calling HIM all week. UGH. So I still haven’t been able to reach her. 🙁
* My dad went to pick up the tuxes (for everyone, since we have several out-of-town groomsmen) from Men’s Wearhouse and discovered that his tux pants were waaay too short and they had the wrong size shirt for him too. So now we’re totally panicking since the other guys won’t be able to try theirs on until the rehearsal tomorrow night! Too late for alterations by that point!
* The people came to set up our tent and brought the wrong tables, damaged tent sides, etc. Not a huge deal since they’re replacing them, but still… more stuff to worry about. 🙁
* The weather forecast for our outdoor ceremony is currently 92 degrees. In Pennsylvania. At the end of August. Who’s ever heard of that??? Nuts!! I’m so worried people are going to be passing out at our ceremony. We were providing fans, but I’m thinking we might want to put out bottled water or something too.
There are other things too, but I think I’ve whined enough. 🙁 It was just such smooth sailing up until this point, so this is totally smacking me right in the face.
OH and I’m very recently pregnant on top of all this, so I’m insanely cranky and emotional and have basically just been in tears all day. NO IDEA how I’m going to hold it together tomorrow and Saturday!!!
Post # 3
Congrats on the baby news! So exciting.
Sorry all this is happening at the last minute. Isn’t that always the way? Have you emailed your coordinator telling her about the # problem? I would suggest having bottled water for the guests.
No matter what happens, I know you will have an amazing wedding. Try to enjoy the next few days and try not to stress too much. Good luck on Saturday!!!!!!
Post # 4
First: I am sooo sorry about your brother not being able to attend that is hard! Regarding your day of coordinator I really hope you are able to contact her some way today, if not I am sure everything will go smoothly but you may want to call a close friend or family member that may be able to just make sure the bigger things are running on time. Regarding tuxes, I would have FH make a quick call to all the guys get their sizes have them measure there legs and measure the pants and check them all yourself. That way if they are wrong you can fix it today before end of bus. I am glad that your vendor is replacing the damaged equipment, and as far as weather goes, I am sure it will go well especially with the fans and def set out water bottles preferably in coolers with ice so that they stay cold. you can even put these under tables so that you dont just have random coolers sitting around. Just make sure there is a sign letting everyone know where the water is. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY: Congrats on the new addition! Now just breath, delegate, and enjoy… This is going to be the first day to the rest of your life. WOO HOO!
Post # 6
Thanks for the support, ladies. 🙂 I’m feeling a little calmer today, even though none of the issues from yesterday have really been resolved…
I’m officially MAD at Men’s Wearhouse. They will be receiving a strongly-worded letter from me when this is over! My fiance went to try on his tux last night, to make sure it fit… and of course his was completely wrong too. The pants were ABOVE HIS ANKLES and the jacket sleeves were too short as well. They fixed it and he had to go back there this morning to pick it up.
Our only hope right now is that maybe the groomsmen’s will be okay because they got measured at a different location. I’m desperately hoping that maybe these issues are isolated to this one store, since that’s where both my dad and my fiance got measured (by the same lady).
Just SO frustrating though. Seriously, how hard is it to measure someone CORRECTLY?! jeez…
Post # 7
@summerhill: Congrats on the new baby!!! And, yeah, pregnancy will really screw up your emotions, lol! Been through 2 and needless to say, I completely understand.
If you have a favorite snack or candy or non-alcoholic beverage you love as comfort, USE IT!!! Also, chamomile tea is GREAT for relaxing. And with sugar or honey (honey would be better since it’s sweeter and natural), it’s really good. Maybe try a cup of it? You can get it from ANY grocery store where the teas are. 🙂
as for measuring? It’s a pain in the ARSE. I’ve had it done for my own sewing ventures and, yeah, it’s not that easy if you don’t know what you’re doing. HOWEVER, that lady should’ve known or had someone who KNEW do it. Definitely complain.
Lots of deep breaths, delegation, and cuddling with your hubby-to-be are musts!!! 🙂 Don’t worry about stuff you can’t control (day-of cooridinator, tuxes, etc) and try to enjoy yourself. (easier said than done, I know.)
good luck, and I’m sure your groomsmen will be fine!!!!