(Closed) So proud of me and FI. =) Healthy 2012 and many years to come.

posted 6 years ago in Wellness
Post # 3
567 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Congrats! It’s great you’ve decided to do that – best of luck!

I always feel better when I exercise and eat right, and I’ve been using that as my motivation to keep going.   

Post # 4
14503 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Good for you both!  Keep us updated on how it is going.

Post # 6
2725 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

That’s fantastic!

Post # 8
1671 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

First off! Congratulations on getting to the gym! Your better than me!!

My best friend has celiac’s and it is often a genetic disorder. And let me tell you her mom and sister have it. She didn’t even know until she was 18! However, there are plenty of substitues. Whole foods and Harris Teeter have a lot (she always forces us to go there instead of kroger). And you can still eat rice and rice noodles. Which can really help!

Advice:

Don’t forgot soy sauce and Yogurt! Both have gluten in it!

Also, if you have a lactose allergy and you stop eating gluten you will feel better! But if his mom has celiacs, then that seems more likely.

Post # 10
2433 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

Good for you! Best wishes on your journey to improving your health! Think of it as investing in a healthier, and longer, future together!!

Post # 11
7339 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

That is great! That is def a right step to becoming healthier.

My co-worker is celliac and there is so much stuff that she had to change. I do have a great blogger on my FB that it glutten free recipes and other things like that. If you want it let me know and I’ll share the link with you.

Keep up the great work!!

Post # 13
1671 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

@MissPumpkinPie: That’s awesome! I bet the two of you are going to be feeling better in no time! You should try spaghetti squash. It’s so yummy, can’t eat it very often at home because SO is allergic. But my bestie and I make it all the time when she is sick of rice.

Post # 15
305 posts
Helper bee

Just an FYI, my bf is currently finishing up medical school and I hear him talk constantly about how a gluten free diet does more harm than good if you do not have celiacs disease. Of course, if you do have celiacs, then you would want to eat gluten free…

Post # 16
210 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Good for you guys!

The topic ‘So proud of me and FI. =) Healthy 2012 and many years to come.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors