(Closed) So what doyou have done so far….June 2010 Brides!!

posted 9 years ago in June 2010
Post # 3
380 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Venue (ceremony and reception same place) is booked, narrowed down photographer, have wedding bands already, have cake server, toasting glasses, Lanterns for my centerpieces (boy have I been stalking lots of places and websites for these babies). I want to start working on a design for the invitations. Oh  and we have an officiant, my uncle will marry us. He isn’t a minister but I am very close to him ( we are 10 yrs apart in age) and I would love for him to be the one to marry us. Love the idea of being married by someone you know.

That’s it so far.

Post # 4
776 posts
Busy bee

We have our church booked, venue booked, photographer booked and are working on a contract with our DJ.  Other then that I have lots of ideas/inspirations but nothing set in stone yet because I am afraid I will change my mind! Oh and we have our servers and toasting flutes too but mostly because they were engagement gifts 🙂

Post # 5
231 posts
Helper bee

Well I have a few major things taken care of & then a bunch of random stuff too.  We mailed the deposit out for our ceremony & reception venue on Saturday, so that is a weight off my shoulders!  I bought my wedding gown & have asked my bridesmaids.

I have all of the supplies for DIY invitations, menus, favor boxes, & thank you cards.  I’ve already sent out my Engagement Announcements, but have not done anything for the Save the Dates.  

We also have crystal toasting glasses & I bought cute little flowergirl bags/baskets for the ceremony.  We started on our registry, but haven’t gotten very far with that yet.

One key element I have still not figured out is which colors to do the wedding in.  That kinda prevents me from going much further at this point!

Post # 6
336 posts
Helper bee

Lets see. I have my venue, photographer, florist, bakery and have narrowed it down to two caterers. I know my centerpieces, linens, have ideas for my bridal party and know what my invitations will look like!

Post # 7
86 posts
Worker bee

Y’all are AWESOME!  i’m getting married June 5, 2010 and have the location nailed down.  I’m meeting with photographers next week!  Thats it!  EEkk!

Post # 8
72 posts
Worker bee

Oh NO! you guys are doing so well, I feel like I’m lagging. I have my venue ( with caterer) and my dress. I have narrowed photographers down to two or three and have started researching DIY centerpieces. did everyone officially ask their girls to be bridesmaids yet?

Post # 9
81 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

We are certainly a bunch of busy bees!  I’m May, but I thought I’d jump in (hope y’all don’t mind).

Venue booked (ceremony and reception in same place).  Photographer booked.  Proposal in from caterer and being tweaked.  Found a place to order nut-free cupcakes! Some readings chosen for the ceremony.  Rehearsal dinner site picked–waiting on menu proposal.  Decided to use a birdcage veil.  Bought a dress–but it might not be the one (yet).  Chosen the look of the linens and chairs, but need to order from the pink hippo.  Website created.  Stocking up on lanterns.  Picked out invitations.  Sent out emails to possible bands–waiting to hear back.  

So..major things left?  Florist.  Officiant.  Band. Photobooth.  Accessories.  Design.

Too fun! 

Post # 10
187 posts
Blushing bee

@ marylizbeth – That’s the main project I’ve been working on! I’m making them all small scrapbooks with pictures from throughout our whole friendship. It’s time consuming, but so fun to go through all the pictures and memories!

I feel so behind! I’ve done a lot of research and have a lot of ideas, but don’t have anything set in stone yet. We’re going to get a lot of it done this summer when I’m home from school and in the actual city we’re getting married in! How is everyone else asking their bridesmaids? Or if you’ve done it already, what did you do?

Post # 11
396 posts
Helper bee

So far I’ve bought my dress and booked the venue (which I love!). My FI and I decided on colors the other day, so that’s finally settled, but other than that I’m still price checking and gathering ideas. I have already asked my bridesmaids – I made them cute cards and mailed them since 3 of the 4 girls are out of state. They loved them and thought I had bought them instead of making them!

Post # 12
256 posts
Helper bee

So… Reception site – waiting to receive paper contract for signature + deposit.  Officiant and church – booked, and we’ve begun meeting with the priest.  Photographer – booked.  Florist and DJ – possible to book them through reception site, once we’ve paid the deposit I plan on setting up meetings with them.  Bridesmaids dresses – I have done lots of research and have saved many inspiration pictures – but pretty sure I’ll just give basic guidelines and let them pick out their own dresses.  Attendants – waiting to be home this summer to ask in person although some people (ie my sister) already know.  Save-the-dates – done, just need to print them.  Invitations – have ideas but nothing too definite yet.  Colors – choosen according to venue colors…  And I think that’s about it for now (besides of course the 10,000 other ideas swimming through my head at any given moment)!

Post # 14
137 posts
Blushing bee

I have:

• venue booked (for both ceremoney and reception)
  • dj booked (best friends husband)
  • invitations designed
  • candy bar jars and vases
  • some of the center piece vases
  • bridal party picked out and asked
  • some of the paper lanterns I want  
  • wedding dress (now I just have to alter to fit after  loose some weight)
  • toasting glasses, unity candle and guest book

Still a ton of things to do since I am going to be doing a self catered appitizer reception!

Post # 15
148 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010 - Ceremony: Catholic Church, Reception: Hotel Ballroom

Hmm, let me think.  I have:

• ceremony site booked (starting on pre-wedding counseling soon!)
  • reception site booked
  • photographer booked
  • dress ordered (which, actually…I’m rethinking!  make sure you absolutely love your dresses, ladies!)
  • color scheme picked out
  • bridesmaids asked
  • veil / fascinator purchased
  • wedding shoes purchased
  • apothecary jars for candy buffet purchased

….and I think that’s it!  I am meeting with florists starting next week, and we have an idea of what DJ we want.  I can’t believe it’s still over a year away!

Post # 16
90 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Well, I have begun to realize that my vision doesn’t exactly jive with my future husband’s. But we have picked out our colors, I have ordered my dress and asked girls to be bridesmaids (one already dropped out). We have a photographer (my brother is a photograpeher so that was easy) Bridesmaids are picking up dresses as we speak. Thats about it. We can’t decide on the city we want to pick but we are thinking Appleton.

Good Luck,

Amber

The topic ‘So what doyou have done so far….June 2010 Brides!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors