- 3 years ago
- Wedding: May 2014
I found some of the past blog posts really helpful and was wondering if maybe someone out there will know of a venue that will hit most of our wishlist:
- Guests estimated at 100 to 150 guests (includes a bunch of infants and toddlers)
- Aiming for a May 2014 wedding date but flexible
- Both of us love history so prefer historical sites or gardens or courtyards
- My preference is to have the ceremony and reception at the same site so to minimize travelling for our guests
- We’re both based near Pasadena so would prefer to have a venue close by but also looking as far as Ventura, Malibu, and Orange Count
- Both of us come from cultures with great food so we would prefer being able to use outside catering or at least be able to add a couple of dishes of our own
- Would prefer to be able to have the venue for at least 8 hours so we can squeeze in cultural ceremonies with the American ceremony and reception
- And finally we’re hoping to find this dream venue for less than $2,500
Some venues we have considered are the Natural History Museum, Castle Green, Calamigos Ranch, LA Central Public Library but most were too expensive or didn’t fit our time frame. Also, looked at LA River and Garden Center and loved the courtyard look but we weren’t fans of the surrounding neighborhood.
Another suggestion provided to us was to rent a house or estate, has anybody tried this route?