624 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I TOTALLY agree.

Post # 5
3012 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@Miss. Meeps: Yep.  I have a friend that posted on my wall that I haven’t talked to in awhile. Before you know it, another person that’s linked to us wrote on my wall.  I was completely expecting it.  That’s the sad part.  But this girl wants to know all the deets about my wedding. She’s not invited though.  She was a horrible friend and I stopped talking to her for a reason.

Post # 6
785 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Sigh.  Yes that sucks.  But there is a bright side!  At least you’re not having people asking you if they’re invited in person… trust me, it’s way worse.  I had a guy that FI hates and with whom I’ve had a very rocky relationship ask me when the wedding was. And then ask me if he was invited.  I tried to jokingly say, “if you pay for your meal.” But I think he must have guessed what that really meant… 🙁  It just makes things awkward for everybody.

Post # 7
1003 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

And this is why I deleted 95% of the people I went to high school with from facebook. 

Post # 8
151 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

When we changed our statuses on FB to ‘engaged’, a mutual friend commented: “Cheers. I expect an invite.”

Guess who ISN’T invited to the wedding?

Post # 10
3012 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@Drums: Went through that too.  Someone commented on my engagement ring and said something about crashing the wedding.  Then said something like expecting an invitation so they wouldn’t have to crash the wedding.  

Post # 11
1835 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

ahahaha when we changed our statuses from engaged to married one of my friends was like, “I didn’t know you were getting married! (We had been engaged for almost 2 years) Was my invite lost in the mail or something?”

No. You just straight up weren’t invited. If you had been more of a part of our lives to even know we were getting married, you would know that.

Post # 14
1559 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I had this happen recently too! In her defense, I *was* posting something about the wedding (or wedding crafts, really) in my status. 

She messages and says “Hey, when are you all getting married?” 

I know that seems harmless coming from most people (and a legit question to ask), but coming from her, it’s 100% transparent. She’s fishing for an invite. I’m not biting. 

The topic ‘Something that drives me 100% crazy’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors