Sophia Tolli dress Y21262 Please help !!!

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
158 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

This This is also my dress! I tried it on 5 days ago and put it a deposit on it yesterday!THINGS I LOVE:

1.corset back and detailing around it

2. soft lace that didnt remind me of a table cloth

3. Asymetrical mermaid cut (works on shorter girls like myself becuase it does not cut you off in an unflattering place)

4. Lace detail on back (gathering on one side)

5. Sweetheart neckline and detailing

As you can see I’m shorter (5′ 3″) and little on the curvier side so it gave me a nice hourglass shape! I plan on losing some more weight as my wedding is just under 11 months away so lots of time yet.

It is incredibly comfortable. Makes me sit up straight. and it is not as heavy as it looks! Take a chance! If you think it is your dress it will be worth it!

Post # 5
158 posts
Blushing bee

I was very suprised how lightweight it is. It is flowy and makes the siwshing noise when you walk! I had no trouble walking around in it, even with it a couple inches too long on the front. The detail is just breathtaking really. The lace almost shines in the light. The lace has a scalloped bottom so it just makes it seem that much more girly! I’m getting married in the middle of summer and I am not worried about it being too warm or constricting so it will be very similar in mexico! Its just a very unique dress!

Post # 7
158 posts
Blushing bee

no problem!! let me know if you do end up getting the dress!

Post # 8
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: August 2013

So thrilled I found this board! I am in love with this dress, but have yet to find a retailer in my area that carries this sample. Marcy455, this dress is stunning on you! I am wondering if anyone knows if the sweetheart detailing /broach looks more like beading or crystal in person? I know the designer pics can sometimes be deceiving. I was just curious as I am wanting more of the crystal embellished look. Either way, the dress is beautiful, but any info would be much appreciated!

Post # 10
1 posts
Wannabee

@marcy455:  Hi, I was wondering if the dress that you purchased is ivory or white? I recently tried on this dress as well and I loved it! They only had ivory in the store and they told me the white was way to bright but I really wanted white. It looks in the picture like yours is white though and I love it!

Post # 11
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@mackinc:  I was wondering the same thing! Also, did you feel the embellishments were pretty accurately displayed in the designer pics? Meaning, did they look more like silvery/cystal or more of a beaded detail in person? I am contemplating this dress now as the posted pic above looks more like beading, whereas the designer pic seems to look more like crystal. Although beautiful, I am afraid if it looks like beading it will not match the theme I had in mind. I know lighting in pics can affect this so please help!

Post # 12
158 posts
Blushing bee

@Armstrong2b:  I’d say the embellishments are more crystal than beading. Silver and clear. I didnt want anything with major beading up top because i didnt want to pull attention to that area. So this is why this dress works, not overwhelming. They really sparkle in the light. Maybe the designer pic is bright white and the detail looks silver. On the ivory dress they were pretty clear.

@mackinc:  the dress I have on in the picture is the ivory color. I didnt want ivory originally but this is such a light ivory it looks almost white.

Hope this helps!

Post # 14
100 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

I tried the dress on over the weekend and really liked it!

it’s gorgeous… still not sure if its “the one” for me yet!

Post # 15
158 posts
Blushing bee

@lalabee27:  It looks great on you!!! Did you end up getting it?

I have gone to see my dress a couple times since, I cannot wait to wear it!

Post # 16
27 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I’ve been looking for this dress and no one has a sample of it, so I was wondering if any of you tried it on in California?

Post # 17
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: August 2015

Hi Ladies! 

I came across your post as I was searching “Sophia Tolli Olga” dress. I bought this dress a few months ago and now have to sell it! My fiance saw pictures of me in it and now I can’t think of walking down the aisle in it as I’ve always wanted that “first look” of he seeing me in the dress. It’s an amazing dress and if any of you are interested in getting it please let me know. I haven’t even picked it up from the store yet as they had to order in my size (size 10). So it is brand new and nothing is altered. Obviously, it will be a lot cheaper than what I paid for it as I know re-sale can’t be as high. If you are interested please let me know and we can figure out a way to get in touch! : )

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors