Sophia Tolli – Ida Y21434 Any real brides?

posted 2 years ago in Dress
Post # 2
5 posts
Newbee

Hi there!

I just bought this dress today (tea rose/pewter color) and was also trying to google search for other real brides wearing this dress. Here are some photos of those I tried in the shop. Absolutely gorgeous dress and very flattering for the figure as well. I took loads of photos so if you want to see more, let me know!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by  daniellehrin.
Post # 3
Hostess
30313 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

daniellehrin:  Wow you look beautiful in your dress – it looks like it was made for you!! 😀

Post # 4
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: December 1969

daniellehrin:  hi Danielle, you look beautiful 🙂 congratulations on finding your dress! 🙂

is it possible to share with me some more about how the Tea rose color looks like in person? Also, what size will you order the dress? im helping my sister pick her dress, she usually wears a size 0 in regular clothes. According to the chart she should order the Ida dress in size 8 but I feel this is going to not be good fit for her. Any advice on how much leeway does the corset have? how did u like the corset by the way? 

Any info or more pictures would be greatly appreciated! Thanks sooooo much and congratulations again 🙂

Post # 5
5 posts
Newbee

pascoluna@hotmail.com:  Hi pascoluna,

The tea rose color is so subtle that you won’t know it till you lift up the tulle skirt and see it underneath. Basically it’s just one layer of tea rose color tulle , which is then covered with off-white (almost pewter) colored tulle so what it does is to act as a lovely backdrop to bring out the color of the white lace and embellishments. I have posted some pics below to show the tulle under it.

I am in between UK size 12 to 14, and was advised to get size 14, as the lady at the shop said that when doing fittings, it is much easier to alter sizes down instead of up. The dress I was trying on was a size 10 and it was popping out in the chest area since it was too small. 

The corset has enough leeway – sorry I wouldn’t be able to advise well at this point since the dress I was trying on was smaller than my size! But even so, I was able to get in – I love the fit of Sophia Tolli’s dresses. She used to be Head Designer at Maggie Sottero (who used to be a corset maker for many years before starting a wedding dress line) so that pretty much sums up how wonderful her corsets are! Of all the wedding dresses I have ever tried, Maggie Sottero and Sophia Tolli’s corsets are simply amazing and just fits so perfectly into you and makes you look loads slimmer!

Post # 6
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: December 1969

Danielle, thank you so much for your response to my questions and the additional pictures 🙂 you look stunning! 🙂 I just placed an order for my sister’s dress, and got her a veil and tiara. The veil is in Ivory and it will be cathedral length. Here’s the link. http://www.bestbridalprices.com/bel-aire-tiaras-style-6261-p104257 Do you think I did good? Oh, and I did order the Tea Rose color 🙂 I think it will look amazing and nothing like other dresses you see out there 🙂 very unique. Great taste! Congratulations and thank you again! 🙂

Post # 7
5 posts
Newbee

Ooooo it’s gorgeous! I haven’t quite decided on my headpiece yet – I think I will discuss with my hair/make-up person about different styles before choosing one. 

I did try on another Sophia Tolli dress Y21441 – Geraldine, which came a close second. But in the end, Ida looked more flattering on me, althugh I did love the lace work on Geraldine:

Post # 9
2 posts
Wannabee

hi just wondering if you ordered this dress online and how it turned out? I’m a little nervous buying online but can’t afford the shop prices. 

Post # 10
1 posts
Wannabee

Hi Lauren,

I am wondering the very same thing! My local shop wants to sell it for $1650 but I found it online for just $338 (on sale, but not by much, 19%). I am really thinking I will go that route since I have a year and a half before my wedding and can fix any potential issues if necessary. I am including the picture of me wearing the one from my local shop (which was 6 sizes too big–hence the shop lady holding it in the photo). I just ADORE this dress in the Tea Rose/Pewter color! If I do order online I will come back and voice my opinion  😀

<br /><br />

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  torchlightphotog. Reason: Add photo
Post # 11
2 posts
Wannabee

I have my Ida dress waiting to be worn for my August wedding. The color is almost like a vintage ivory. It’s nothing like I’ve ever seen and I love that about it.

Post # 12
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2016

daniellehrin:  do you have more pictures of this dress?? You’re the only person in the world to have tried this on in Ivory!

Post # 14
5 posts
Newbee

denisesidoti:  Hi again, one more thing to add… actually my dress was in tea rose/pewter color. It’s very subtle and adds a very romantic feeling to it. 

Post # 15
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: November 2016

daniellehrin:  Hello! You look absoutely beautiful Danielle. I have so many questions. Did you find the dress easy to wear on the day? Were you having to pull it up a lot? Did you wear a hoop or not underneath – looks like you managed to dance really well in it! Did you have a bra sewn into the dress? Thanks for posting your photos 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors