(Closed) SOS: Unique/Quirky Wedding Venue for 400+ people in Philly/DE–reasonably priced

posted 7 years ago in Philadelphia
Post # 3
3871 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I don’t know of any receptions but I just wanted to say I’m a fellow philadelphia veitnamese bride and my parents tried to pressure me to have my wedding at a chinese restaurant.  I’m glad your parents are sick of them. Luckily in the end, I did have my reception at a normal venue.  My guest list was only 130, though.

Post # 5
290 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Have you looked at the Please Touch Museum in Philly or the Chase Center in Wilmington?  Those are two places that came to mind for your numbers, although the Please Touch Museum might be quirky but too expensive, and the Chase Center isn’t very quirky, but might be more reasonably priced.  Good luck!!

Post # 6
3871 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

@Aivisaur: I had my reception in the city of West Chester, which is outside of the city.  I live in the suburbs all my life so I didn’t have to worry about finding a venue in Philadelphia.

Post # 7
555 posts
Busy bee

I got married at the please touch museum and it was awesome! But sadly I do not think it falls into the re.asonable category. For about 185 people it cost around 60k

Post # 8
1747 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Your best bet might be finding a space that can hold a large tent, and then finding a cheaper caterer and rental company for all the rest.

I immediately thought of The Curtis Center (managed by Cescaphe) for the “Great Gatsby” element of your theme. It is a GORGEOUS space. For high season, though, it is pretty unreasonable at around $180 per person inclusive of tax, and they are not very flexible in this price. Low season they might go down about twenty dollars per person, but it’s still pretty outlandish for your numbers. However, the $180 includes EVERYTHING but the flowers, band, lighting, photographer, hotel, etc. And they can definitely bring in elements of your culture with the menu.

Also, Cescaphe’s specialty is including LOTS and LOTS of seafood, including lobster tail at the cocktail hour. And the reviews food wise are pretty great.

The topic ‘SOS: Unique/Quirky Wedding Venue for 400+ people in Philly/DE–reasonably priced’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors