(Closed) Sottero & Midgley Adorae– Crinoline??

posted 6 years ago in Accessories
Post # 3
14 posts
  • Wedding: June 2012

@cvmami78:  I actually have the same questions as you since I have the same dress. Hope someone responds.

Post # 4
192 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

A crinoline is describing a type of petticoat. There are 2 types of petticoats Crinonline and Hoop. The Crinoline is a scratch tulle type material that is really stiff. It helps add volume to the dress by adding more layers. A Hoop skirt is a hoop that holds the skirt up without all of the layers of fabric.

The mermaid/fit and flare crinoline in my personal opinion is very uncomfortable to wear. It is very fitted (think spanks) from your knees to under your bust. I found it hard to walk in and it was very hot. I decided if my dress needed extra layers, I was having them sewn into the dress so that I didn’t have to wear the tube.

Some people however love the spanks like materal of the petticoat. I would definately try it on with the dress for a few minutes and walk around and make your own decision.

Hope This Helps

Post # 5
68 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I got married last month in the Adorae gown. I wore it with crinoline (the tube, i wasnt able to get it sewn to the bottom of the dress).

It was a really hot day and it was a little hot under the dress, but not necessarily uncomfortable. It wasn’t itchy or anything like that. To be honest, you get so completely wrapped up in your day that you kind of forget about how bad your feet hurt in your heals and how hot your legs are under the heavy wedding dress.

I was able to borrow it from the store I bought my dress for free with a small security deposit that a got back when I returned my dress.

It made a world of difference with the look of the adorae. It really does look like a completely different dress with the crinoline, then without.

Post # 6
4 posts
  • Wedding: May 2013

@Ms_Dee:  I’m wearing the Adorae as well and have been wondering about how it will look with the crinoline. Would you be willing to post pictures of how your dress looked on with the crinoline?

Post # 7
320 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I wore the adorae rose..it is a bit different but the same silhouette. I bought my crinoline slip at the dress shop where I bought the dress. It looks similar to this:

and it sucked me in, which was a bonus =)

I was married in October, and the ceremony took place outside, so I was definitely not hot then.

It did get warm during dancing at the reception, but I think that would have happened regardless. 

The topic ‘Sottero & Midgley Adorae– Crinoline??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors