Post # 1
I think there was a much older thread that circulated a year or two ago so I thought I would start a new one. This is for Southern brides/waiting ladies/married ladies to join up. Maybe some of us married gals know a thing or two about venues or vendors. Here are a few questions:
1) Where are you from?
2) Where are you or did you get married?
3) For married ladies, any quick advice for those engaged?
4) What’s something uniquely Southern you’re planning to do or did incorporate in your wedding?
5) What is something non wedding related that you’re looking forward to?
6) What’s your favorite Southern city to vacation in or maybe do a mini moon in?
Post # 3
1) I’m from Charlottesville, VA. 2 hours from DC, 1 from Richmond, home of the University of Virginia Cavaliers!
2) We’re getting married in Charlottesville, at his family church.
3) Still engaged, and enjoying it.
4) Our reception venue is at a nearby vineyard, and so we are definitely hoping for a wedding vision that will feel relaxed, refined, and Southern-feeling. Most of our family (read: basically all) isn’t from the South, and this will be one of their first times visiting, so we’re hoping to showcase it a bit! We definitely want cornhole at the reception, and we’re considering pulled pork sliders as an appetizer. I want to make welcome bags with local treats/info, but I’m still brainstorming ideas!
5) Fiance and I are moving to southern California at the end of this summer, and I’m super excited!
6) We visited New Orleans for New Years a few years ago, and while it was definitely a whirlwind trip, we had a great time.
Post # 4
@wubewe: I have always wanted to attend a vineyard wedding! There’s one close to us that I keep subtlety reminding my waiting friend about when she does get engaged 🙂
Post # 5
Can Central TX come out to play, too??
Post # 6
Post # 7
- Wedding: May 2013 - Holmdene Gardens @ Aquinas College and McFaddens Restaurant and Saloon
1) Where are you from? Augusta, GA
2) Where are you or did you get married? Grand Rapids, MI
3) For married ladies, any quick advice for those engaged? Not yet! 24 days. 🙂
4) What’s something uniquely Southern you’re planning to do or did incorporate in your wedding? Because I’m getting married in a non-southern state, I wanted to incorporate my GA roots somehow. We had magnolias on our invitations, there will be real touch magnolias (only two) in my bouquet, we are having sugar magnolias on the cake, and of course I am getting my groom a groom’s cake!
5) What is something non wedding related that you’re looking forward to? I can’t wait for summer to arrive!
6) What’s your favorite Southern city to vacation in or maybe do a mini moon in? Savannah, definitely!
Post # 9
1. Where are you from? – San Antonio, TX
2. Where are you or where did you get married? – San Antonio, TX
3. For married ladies, any quick advice for those engaged? – Take some time to sit back and enjoy the moment. This is the only time, hopefully, you will be engaged and planning a wedding. On your wedding day stand back every now and then and soak it all in. Look around at all the people gathered to celebrate you and your love. Enjoy the moment.
4. What’s something uniquely Southern you’re planning to do or did incorporate into your wedding? – Good ole Texas BBQ and country music!
5. What’s something non wedding related that you are looking forward to? – We received two tickets to any Texas A&M Football game this fall as a wedding present. I am looking forward to enjoying a live game with Darling Husband, seeing College Station for the first time since 2010, and cheering on my Aggies live for the first time since I was a student in 2008.
6. What’s your favorite Southern City to vacation in or maybe do a mini moon in? – I’ve been to New Orleans once when I was 17. I am dying to go back now that I can drink!
Post # 10
@littlemisst08: we have to start a new college football thread in the fall! I’m going to miss the LSU/ A&M game this year and it was the ONE game I wanted to go to! ( Darling Husband absolutely REFUSES to take me to an Alabama/LSU game @Bryant Denny stadium… so that got ruined, too)
Post # 11
1) I live in North Carolina (i am really from ny) FH is from south florida, and southern as can be!
2) we are getting married here, in Wilmington NC
3) no advice because i am not married yet (1 month!!)
4) I am wearing cowboy boots under my dress, we are serving southern BBQ food, and our favors are camoflauge! I guess some of that is not uniquely southern… but my northern bridesmaids think so!!
5) having my whole family together for the first time in 4 years!
6) I love birmingham (but guess its because i have lived there) id love to go to charleston or ashville or savannah!
Post # 12
@Mrs_Amanda: I’ll have to start a pick ’em group, too! That LSU/A&M game is gonna be a good one!
We do have one restriction on the tickets. Not the Bama game :'(