Southern Ontario Fall 2014 Venue HELP, Please!!!!

posted 3 years ago in Toronto
Post # 3
38 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2016

Hi there! Not sure if this is really the theme you’re going for, but my sister had a nice wedding in that price range at the Brant Rod and Gun Club. She hired a decorator and it wound up looking really nice (they put veils and top hats on the deer heads mounted on the walls, which made them look a little cuter), and it was the only wedding there that day, to my knowledge. I think she might have hired a separate caterer? I could ask her and get back to you – PM me if interested.

http://www.brantrodandgunclub.org/banquethall-rental

Post # 6
12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2014

Hello,

You could go to balls falls (horrible name, I know). It’s extremely reasonably priced, you can bring your own caterer in and there is a church just down the street. It was a location I was considering until I cut my guest list down to 25 people. It’s about an hour and a half from Scarborough. 

http://ballsfalls.ca/plan-your-event/weddings/

Post # 7
105 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

Have you looked into Geraldos at la salle park?! I was looking for something very similar to you, with the same type of budget and this is who we are booking with. Prices are amazing and they include a ton of extras (linens, chair covers, head table, uplighting, centrepiece and decor items etc). It is overlooking the lake and is an old historic building. 

My mom actually used to work as a wedding planner here and had nothing but great things to say!

The only drawback is they have two rooms (a bigger one and a smaller one) so there may be another wedding going on on the same day. However, I was able to overlook that due to all the other major pluses 🙂

Some other places we looked at were Nestleton (insanely beautiful but super expensive), Willowspring Winery (again beautiful but really pricey), Lions Head Golf Club (nice room with windows everywhere), Carmens Lakeview (nice but ceremony space sucked), the Lake House (really nice – in pickering right over the water with ceremony on the balcony), Terra Cotta Inn (gorgeous but in the middle of no where) and Parkwood Estates (very pretty but just not quite what we were looking for)

I also went to a wedding at the Kortright Centre this weekend which was very pretty and rustic! 

Good Luck! 

Post # 8
28 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Three Bridges in St. Jacobs or the Victoria Park Pavillion in Kitchener. I don’t know the cost of either but you could check them out.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors