- 5 years ago
Some of you will know that a week ago Boyfriend or Best Friend told me we’d be getting engaged in July. We looked at rings, found the perfect one, and he was deciding whether or not to buy it but wouldn’t tell me his decision either way.
But then we found the perfect house. It was ideal, and we viewed in on Wednesday, spoke about how serious we were about it, and on Thursday night we agreed to make an offer of the full asking price. We’ll be living together in about 10-12 weeks!!
Only thing is, this takes most of our money. I figured that with this, we wouldn’t be getting engaged in July and certainly not with that beautiful ring. I told him that I was sad about it, but realised that a house is more important. He’s today told me not to get my hopes up, as with the house it’s very expensive and he doesn’t want me to ‘hope he may do it anyway’, which I got.
But then we visited his bank and I spotted something on his statement. On Thursday daytime, he came to the shopping centre in my town and put down the deposit on THE ring.
Now I’m confused. Will he cancel it for the house, or is he going to stick with it and he’s leading my astray so it’ll be a bigger surprise? I can’t just ask him as I promised not to snoop on his bank info (though that was after I’d already spotted it). I just don’t know what to do. Advice?