(Closed) Spanx & a low back Dress

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
584 posts
Busy bee

What are you trying to accomplish with the spanx? A longline bra works well with low backs and keeps the tummy transition smooth. You could always wear spanx/shorts underneath if necessary.

Post # 5
584 posts
Busy bee

Most spanx are going to hit at your natural waist or above, so that should take care of any stomach trouble. I would imagine you could find a longline bra online in pretty much any size? I do feel your pain in the opposite way- I’m an A cup and Nordstrom only carries longlines in B or above. So I decided I would go without, but we have opposite problems so that might not be the best decision for you.

Post # 6
8354 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2011

I am also very busty and had to forego the spanx option because it would show above my backline. I suggest a waist cincher corset, if you don’t need the added lift, but make sure if you get one that you take it to your fittings because when it cinches your tummy in it pushes everything else up and make you wider at the top. When I went to my last fitting, I wore one and the zipper wouldn’t go up all the way because I was wearing one. I had to take it off to get the zipper up, and then because of the way my dress is made, we decided that I really didn’t need one. Here are some examples from the seller that I purchased mine from of what I am talking about: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280610729786&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

The topic ‘Spanx & a low back Dress’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors