Post # 1
So after printing out 200 menu cards on heavy cardstock in color print, I realized I made an error. Instead of having wedding cake for DESSERT, we are having it for DESERT. I’m so fustrated that I did this. I’ve gone back and forth (all night) on if I should just let it go or redo it. My fiance says it’s not a big deal, but I know it’s wrong so I’m struggling.
Please give me your feedback.
1. As a guest, would you notice?
2. As a guest, would you care?
3. As a bride, would you redo them or live with it?
4. Rank the mistake in your mind–is a 1 (not a big deal) or a 10 (what have you done!)
Post # 3
So, I would totally notice as a guest (and wonder why it wasn’t corrected) and as a bride, I would totally redo it because I am a spelling and grammar fanatic. I mean, OCD style!
On my scale, the mistake would be a 7 (and anything above 5 to me is something I would correct). I would take a couple things into consideration though.
1. Will it burst your budget bubble to reprint 200 menus?
2. Will you keep thinking about it and feel embarrassed if you let it go?
If this is going to keep you up at night and you have the time and money to redo it, I’d give yourself some peace of mind and just reprint!
Post # 4
I would re-do it, because I’d be embarrassed to have that at my wedding. As a guest, I’d definitely notice, but I don’t know if I’d actually care. I mean, I’ll eat the dessert whether its dessert or desert…
Post # 5
I would notice, and maybe even point it out to my husband, but I wouldn’t care. Honestly, most people wouldn’t notice, and I’m sure some would even think its spelled right!! I don’t know that I would go to the effort and added expense of redoing them if it were me
Post # 6
I would totally notice! I’m a spelling fanatic, though. I think you should change them.
Btw, you misspelled the heading for this thread.
Post # 7
1) Maybe. I often make this mistake so I would probably convince myself that the menu was right and I was thinking about it wrong.
2) Not in the slightest.
3) Probably live with it. I’m a bad speller in general so I would think of it as an inside joke for the people that know me well.
4) I’d give it a 2 and a half (sometimes a girl needs a half – hehehe)
Post # 8
I would notice and probably comment to Darling Husband. I don’t think I’d care but as a bride I know I’d reprint the menus.
ETA: I think I’d rank it an 8. This is in the same family as your v you’re and alot for me.
Post # 9
I would notice and care and I think that you should either reprint the menu cards or go without. I’m not going to rate the mistake – don’t beat yourself up!
Post # 10
1. As a guest, would you notice? Definitely.
2. As a guest, would you care? I wouldn’t care, per se. But I would think that it was a pretty careless mistake.
3. As a bride, would you redo them or live with it? I’d definitely redo them.
4. Rank the mistake in your mind–is a 1 (not a big deal) or a 10 (what have you done!) Hm. I guess I’d say a 5. I’d be mad at myself for letting such a silly thing become a huge problem and I’d be furious that I now had to spend more money… but it’s not the end of the world and can totally be fixed.
Post # 11
I’m be more inclined to have no menu cards at all… versus one with a spelling mistake, so if you can afford the paper, definitely change it. If you can’t, scrap the menus.
Post # 12
I would notice and as a bride it would bug me to no end, and as for me I would re-print them all… if you keep the menus.
Post # 13
I’m with PP’s, I would totally notice it, I would definately redo them if I were you.
Post # 14
Hahahhaha you should just play it off, and give everyone a little bag of sand.
There was a sign at the truckstop/diner we used to hang out at in high school that said, “Pink gumball – win a free desert!!” I WAS SO EXCITED TO WIN SOME LAND!!! They also had a ladie’s room instead of a ladies’ room…
If you can fix it, fix it. If you can’t, shrug it off and make it funny. Good luck.
Post # 15
redo it – you’re going to obsess about it if you don’t.
I would notice it and chuckle.
Post # 16
i would notice. as a bride, i would fix them. little things like this happen and it’s a pain in the ass but you can easily correct it. if you don’t, it will be bugging you the whole time.