Spending our wedding night in a B&B, for $300, less than 12 hours. What?

posted 3 years ago in Logistics
Post # 3
4540 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2014 - Royalton White Sands

I wouldn’t want to pay $300 for a pretty bed to sleep in. Are there any nice, 4-5 star hotels nearby? I bet you could get just as nice a room for cheaper, and maybe free stuff for being newlyweds.

Post # 5
4540 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2014 - Royalton White Sands

@LadyMoriarty: Oooh. Then definitely stay for two nights, and have a little minimoon. $600 for ~36 hours is a lot easier to justify than $300 for ~12.  

Post # 6
686 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@LadyMoriarty:  We found the same thing, it was going to be expensive for such a short time so in the end we decided to stay in the suite that my bms and I are staying in the night before, and we’re staying an extra night after the wedding to really make it worthwhile. We’ll be rolling around in a suite that sleeps 7 people for two nights but it’ll be nice it’s a really fancy suite so i’m looking forward to it!

Post # 7
11772 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2013

We stayed at a 2-star hotel on our wedding night–all we really needed was something clean with a bed! I think it cost like $85!

Post # 8
1243 posts
Bumble bee

Our suite was $350/night. We opted for the Friday night and Saturday night. We spent the night together before the wedding after the rehearsal party and just relaxed and discussed the next day. Had a nice breakfast together. The hair and makeup girls came and fixed up the bridal party. We made good use of the room. We did not have time to make use of the Jacuzzi tub, or sleep in really late though.

If I were you I would spring for 2 nights.

Post # 9
148 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

@LadyMoriarty:  Just curious – do they know it’s your wedding night? Any flexibility (or compassion!) for your special night? 🙂

Post # 10
4827 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2013 - Upstate NY

@LadyMoriarty:  The hotels in Upstate NY are not that bad! What area??

Post # 11
10219 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2012

First Question… Did I get this right ?

YES that is exactly how Accommodations work… even if someone quotes per day… they truly mean by the night.  And if one arrives at a late hour, you still have to vacate the premises by the required Check Out time

So YES the best value is always found when one is staying the maximum amount of time (earliest Check In time to the latest Check Out time)… or by staying longer than one night… in so much as one “feels” that things get more evened out over a longer period of time.

Second Question… Is it worth it ?

Well ONLY YOU & YOUR HUBBY can determine that.  Personally, I liked having a fabulous Wedding Night Hotel to come back to very posh, very romantic (mind you were were there for more than one day / night, see my comments in Q-1.  So I “felt” there was decent value)

— — —

As for your comments about Upstate NY… well that is pretty inflamatory / painting everything with one very wide brush.

I have stayed all over Upstate NY… and I’d be very curious to hear EXACTLY where you are looking for Hotels.

That said…

In many instances in more romote areas of the State (like a lot of nearby New England) I will agree that there are some AWESOME Resorts, Lodges, Country Inns, and B&Bs.

But that doesn’t mean that all the hotels are as you say are “pretty gross. I’m sure the sheets are clean but, the carpets, walls, and  ceilings are all stained”

Hope this helps,

Post # 12
1007 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

@LadyMoriarty:  You could always ask the B&B if they allow later check out times (some places do, but may charge a fee). Otherwise I’d either consider getting a 2nd night, or use the money towards a less expensive hotel that has good reviews.

Post # 13
1491 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Where are your other options to sleep for the wedding night??  Is a B&B your only option?  I think $300 for one night is obscene, especially when you are going to be exhausted after your wedding.  

Post # 16
1950 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Is there a Hampton Inn or Marriot Residence Inn nearby? They recently switched all their hotels to the white sheeted duvets, which are SO MUCH cleaner than the old comforters.  I’d definitely look into that!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors