Post # 1
- Wedding: November 2014 - Historic cinema
Spinoff from the Waiting thread for a bit of fun on my day off from school.
1. We don’t watch tv. NZ is having some digital changeover thing next month where in order to keep watching free tv you need to buy some special box set up thingee. Neither of us intend to do this!
2. We are obsessed with film. He was the first person in NZ to get a PhD in Film Studies. I am a member of the Cary Grant fan group and have attended a Caryvention in Chicago. We first met when I was 15 and joined up to a video store he managed. Later he opened his own independant dvd rental store specialising in foreign, arthhouse and classic movies and he began reviewing films for the paper which meant he frequently came in to the cinema I worked at and we got to know each other by talking film. I seduced him by inviting him around to my place to watch an old movie I owned but he had never seen!
3. He is 18 years, 2 months and 3 days older than me.
4. Our song is Liza Minnelli’s version of ‘Single Ladies’ from Sex and the City 2. We love Liza and find her hysterical!
5. He’s had 3 prior r/ships but I’m the first woman he’s ever said I Love You to. I’ve had 5, and every single one of my exes has cheated on me. It is the first time for both of us that we feel completely safe and can trust someone completely. It’s such an amazing feeling! Especially since he has quite a few female friends and I find I have NO problem with this! Plus his friends were very protective of him and made sure to suss me out when we got together. A truly good sign that he is an amazing person!
Ok, let’s hear about you and your sweetheart 🙂
Post # 4
1. We have an unhealthy addiction to the show TRUEBLOOD
2. We have 2 lovely furbabies, that we often refer to as “the kids”
3. We love to randomly dry hump eachother (more in a comical way, than anything sexy)
4.We are very competitive scrabble players!
5. We have a tendency to burst out in song and dance together in parking lots, parks and grocery stores
Post # 5
- Wedding: June 2015 - Thorpewood
1. We like to dance while we’re in the car, even though people always stare at us. We have absolutely no natural rhythm.
2. One of our favorite movies to watch together is Disney’s Tangled. We both find it hysterical.
3. (I’ll stick with the age thing) He’s 1 year and 28 days older than me.
4. Our favorite restaurant is Melting Pot. Nom nom nom fondue!
5. We’re both absolutely terrified by the movie Event Horizon. Seriously. It’s anxiety/nightmare enducing for us both.
Post # 6
1. We love watching SyFy flicks together and make fun of the horrible graphics
2. Everyday we argue over who loves the other more (“I love you more” “No, I love YOU more!” “Well, I love you one plus whatever you say!” “….well played”)
3. We hate baseball and LOVE hockey. Our reception tables are named after each NHL team.
4. We’re both soda addicts
5. He’s 5 months older than me
Post # 7
1. our wedding song was “are you gonna kiss me or not” by thompson square.
2. we are expexting our first child in december & its a boy.
3. we got engaged a year and two months ago. i love my rings, while he on the other hand never wears his wedding band because of work.
4. he is 4 years and 3 months older than me.
5. we met through mutual friends which we both now effing cant stand.<3 (no seriously, we hate them)
Post # 8
1. We have bonded over watching shows on DVD together. In the start of our relationship, we devoured the first 5 seasons of Lost together. We do watch shows that are actively airing, but we LOVE getting into a show that’s already out so we can watch 4 episodes in a night 😛
2. I am a tech addict – I have an iPhone, Macbook, iPod, Kindle…etc…I love my goodies! I am pretty much always on the computer, even while we’re watching TV. He, on the other hand, hates technology and only got an email address because I said he should, lol.
3. We go to Michigan to his family’s lake house every summer. Except this summer 🙁 I couldn’t get off work, so he’s up there for 12 days while I’m stuck at home!
4. We have 1 dog and 2 kitties 🙂
5. I’ve dated a lot (as in..I’ve had 3 very serious relationships prior to this and many other small relationships) and he’s never had a girlfriend before me. But I think it works somehow 🙂
Post # 9
1: we have funny nicknames for each other. Currently, I am Sudsy. He is Beardfacé
2: he is 11 years and 6 days older than me.
3: we are obsessed with Journey.
4: we like to switch which side of the bed we sleep on, alternating every other vacation. At home we each have our own sides, though!!
5: tmi but w/e. he’s the first partner I’ve been where I have a higher drive than he does!! It’s weird but not complaining! 🙂
Post # 10
1. We eat WAY too much thai food. Its becoming embarassing when it’s delivered.
2. We freak out over the Universe series and anything Hawking.
3. We slow danced and cried to All Night Long the morning of our wedding. Then did the same at the reception. *aww, that made me cry*
4. We get PMS. As soon as I start getting crampy/whiny, suddenly he’s emotionally destroyed and having stomach aches and it magically disappears as soon as my cramps stop. I am not looking forward to pregnancy. HA!
5. We have two cats, both whom started as mine, one of which is totally obsessed with him. Our cats actually chose a human.
Post # 11
1. We met at work and I had the hugest crush on him. I stalked him to the subway after work.
2. TV Shows (particularly Battlestar Galatica, Buffy, Angel, and Carnival) brought us together because I started borrowing his DVDs as a way to get closer to him.
3. My first words to him were, “You look like Tobey McGuire.”
4. He is 3 and a half years older than me.
5. When we worked together, we saw each other 24/7 and never got tired of each other.
Post # 12
1. We met through our exes
2.Both very dorky
3.Both like cars
4.Hate dogs but we love cats
5. 5 and a half years older than me
Post # 13
1. He’s a cop, I’m in the process of becoming one as well. FYI, the hours suck, lol. I swore I would never date a police officer.
2. He told me last night he’s never been this happy with anyone else. (For the longest time, I swore his ex was “the one that got away”).
3. We love Storage Wars and specifically, Barry mother effin’ Weiss. We also LOVE hockey – he bought NHL Network for me before I moved in. *swoon*
4. We made up a word for sushi (best food evar), which has disintegrated into “snushiluppugus”
5. He’s almost 8 years older than me (23 and 31). It works and he’s my best friend 🙂
Post # 14
- Wedding: November 2014 - Historic cinema
I love hearing couple trivia! Keep ’em coming 🙂
Post # 15
1. We love working out together. We met through a martial arts, he was experienced when I started and we teamed up quite a bit… I thought he was a good teacher and was clueless that he thought I was a cute student.
2. We love watching TV series on DVD… We do not watch regular TV at all, in fact we do not have cable and have no real channels.. Since we had our baby, we have watched more series than ever before, because we’re too tired for house work.
3. We have 3 cats… Two were mine, and he used to have two as well but then when I moved in the fourth cat couldn’t stand mine and we had to give it away. I always thought that more than two was just too much and especially now that we have the baby, it’s hard. Once they pass, we won’t have other pets, ever.
4. We visited Egypt, France, Spain, Costa Rica, Cuba and the Dominican Republic together. We are looking forward to traveling again, once we’re more settled with our new family.
5. Our son is now 8 months old and just started sleeping through the night last month. It was really hard.. Since DH is not a good sleeper himself, he was sleeping in the basement in order to be able to go to work. We are both so happy to finally be back in the same bed! We never thought it would last this long.
Post # 16
1. We both LOVE golfing. – 2. We love anything to do with the paranormal. -3. We are both history nerds. – 4. I tend to do everything really fast and he tends to take his time. – 5. We both still love cartoons.