Spinoff #5029567 – What do you associate with Maine?

posted 3 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 3
5483 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2013

Lobsters! LL Bean! Scrapple! Sailboats! And uh yes I can point it out on a map 🙂

Post # 4
5207 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: February 2013

@EmieBee4:  Lobsters, Poland Spring, Stephen King… is there anything else?

Post # 7
2062 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Cold

High Prices

Lobster

Post # 8
1441 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@EmieBee4:  The best 🙂  My favorite place and my favorite (so far) memory.

Post # 9
8720 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

cold weather

lobster

moose (I think?)

quiet

I can point it out on a map. LOL

Post # 10
320 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Restaurant

• Moose
  • Lobster
  • Men with beards
  • Flannel
  • Cold!
  • Lighthouses
  • Low crime rate

Post # 12
474 posts
Helper bee

@EmieBee4:  My ex boyfriend was from Maine, so I can only go off of my experience knowing him and his family. 

He played hockey, and tons of his friends did growing up, so I’ll go with hockey being big in Maine. 

While we’re on the subject of sports: Boston Red Sox, New England Patriots, and Boston Celtics. 

They are very proud of their lobster, and lobster rolls. Nowhere else can compare to lobster from Maine in their eyes. I’m not a huge fan of seafood, so I’ll have to take your word on it. 

Bad weather. Well, I’m from California, so I consider anything below 40 degrees as bad weather. 

My ex’s sister was a snowboard instructor, so I associate Maine with snow, skiing, and snowboarding.

I notice everyone is very outdoorsy. Whether it’s hiking, fishing, snowboarding, or just going to a lake/pond to hangout/drink. 

I think of the landscapes (tree filled mountains, lakes, lighthouses). 

I also noticed almost everyone is low maintenence in their appearance. Guys are always in jeans and a t-shirt (loads with baseball caps). Girls are a bit behind in fashion and are very low maintenence. Not a lot wear makeup, if they do, it’s nothing too elaborate. 

There’s not much diversity in ethnicity. It was a rare occurance when I ran into someone that wasn’t Caucasian. 

Boston accents for some.

That’s pretty much all that comes to mind right now.

Post # 13
1287 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

@EmieBee4:  Never bee, but I envision or associate cute little bed and breakfasts located on the shoreline…all over the place 🙂  

Post # 14
8917 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Rocky Mountains USA

Lobsters, rocky coastlines, a crapload of trees, friendly but kinda… eccentric people!

Also, an epic camping trip way back in March of 2002 with my now husband – we went to Acadia but it was closed, so we snuck in and camped on the beach.  Somehow our tent didn’t have the tent poles in the bag, so we just slept in it like a big old bag.  It was freezing and rainy and so much fun 🙂

I went to college in VT so I can defintely point to Maine on a map.

Post # 15
1779 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

@EmieBee4:  Absolutely nothing comes to mind except Lobster. Sorry!

Post # 16
1491 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Lobster Lobster Lobster

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors