(Closed) Six figure brides/brides-to-be… What do you do for a living?

posted 5 years ago in Career
Post # 3
1113 posts
Bumble bee

I think this is a little bit of a nosy and offensive question! I know we are all fairly anonymous here on the bee, but it seems you’re asking a bit much in terms of vulnerabilty!

Hope not to offend. cheers.

Post # 4
565 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

double post

Post # 5
565 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Seen this question many times on the board. A poll will help and can let bees be anonymous if they want . 

Post # 6
883 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

no problem here

IT MGR, 110k a year 

54 years old

Post # 7
1622 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I don’t think it’s that nosy… If you don’t feel comfortable answering then don’t! I wish I fell into this category so I could answer the question, but alas I make about half the minimum requirement. Someday! 

Post # 8
8697 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

@Anniefrom judging from previous posts asking this EXACT same question it seems as if people love to tell how much they make especially if its six figures. I think if someone is offended they just might not answer. I could be wrong though.

Post # 9
8697 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

@peasantsong:  it also depends on where some people live. In the NYC/NJ/CT area that’s easy and also not that much considering the high cost of living 

Post # 10
1314 posts
Bumble bee

I wonder why bees find this question offensive? Is it the amount? I only say that because I have seen this question for 50k several times and there was no mention of it being rude, people just answe it. Just curious.

I didn’t answer because I only make slight more than half. Otherwisem I’d shout it from the rooftops!!!

//

Post # 11
1622 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@gelaine22:  that’s true! Where I live, my 3 bedroom apartment only costs $725 a month, which I’m sure is basically unheard of in NYC! 

Post # 12
883 posts
Busy bee

@gelaine22:  I worked my butt off for 37 years to get where I am, in an industry that is male dominated and want other women to know it is possible to make that money, and I did it without a college degree and that hard work gives me  (-and my husband who is in the same field and makes a little more) a very nice life.

Post # 13
948 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

@peasantsong:  holy crap! You can get like a shoebox or closet for that price in NYC

ETA: and I’m talking about in queens not even in manhattan 

Post # 14
883 posts
Busy bee

@peasantsong:  that won’t get you a closet in NJ! my property taxes are more that that a month!

Post # 15
691 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Suburban Chicago area teacher just hitting the 6 figure mark.  I’m 33.

Below is a cost of living calculator.  You put in what you make where you live and then put in where you want to live and it will tell you what the comparable salary is.  I love it!

http://money.cnn.com/calculator/pf/cost-of-living/

Post # 16
2164 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@mstellah:  My sister just got an apt in NYC and it basically is a shoebox…a 1 bedroom converted to a 2, noooo space for anything (no kitchen table, a 3 seat couch, living room is the kitchen deal)…coming in at $1,350 per person a month. Totally gross.

The topic ‘Six figure brides/brides-to-be… What do you do for a living?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors