Spinoff- how many weddings do you have to go to in 2014

posted 3 years ago in Etiquette
Post # 3
1566 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Mine & my friends’ are on the books so far in 2014. 2 total. Don’t know of any others on the horizon, yet.

Post # 4
6510 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2013

Five so far.

One that I’m in as the MOH.

Four as guests- Two for DH’s cousins and two for my friends.

We would have to travel for all of them so I’m not sure that we will be going to all of them.

Post # 5
5295 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2013

only 1 so far thankfully! I’m a guest at my cousins wedding in September

Post # 6
4031 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

3!

1 is a close aquaintance in May.

1 is one of my best friends in June, which I’m in. Very excited for this one!

1 is my dad’s to his partner of almost 12 years in July! Most excited for this one! 🙂

My wedding was on NYE so it crossed in to 2014 lol. I love weddings so this will be an exciting 6 months!

Post # 7
1287 posts
Bumble bee

@Ap2010:  This is my 2014 line-up (so far!).

We have our wedding in May, then a first cousins in June, a friends wedding in July, then I am in a wedding in August for another friend, and then will wrap it up for another first cousin’s wedding in late October!!!  Busy busy year!

FWIW, I will be 32 when I marry, and thought we would be ‘done’ bc most of our friends/family are married, etc.  It turns out we were mistaken, and those in the umarried category mostly got engaged in 2013 🙂

Post # 8
coyoteBee
2051 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012 - Franklin Plaza

Three so far! Usually I frickin’ love weddings and would be so, so excited to go, but DH and I JUST moved to NC from NY and of course all of the weddings are in NY. Like, you guys couldn’t of gotten married last year instead?! 😉

Post # 9
7098 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

Only that 1 that I know of so far. My brother.

Post # 10
3516 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

So far we just have one lined up.. and I honestly don’t see us going to any more than that. We don’t have any friends/family currently engaged (besides the one). It’s my sister’s wedding and I’m the MOH, my husband is not in the wedding but he’s walking my mom down the aisle.

Post # 11
7997 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2013

None so far! I’d be surprised if there were any.

Post # 12
613 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

@Ap2010:  So far just one -MINE!!

My cousin and FBIL both just got engaged around x-mas time, so there might be 2 more weddings this year, but I highy doubt it.

Post # 13
885 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

So far none 🙁  Although I think 2015 and/or 2016 will be a big year as my cousins will probably start getting married.

Post # 14
412 posts
Helper bee

Six (would be 8).  1. Cousin 2. Mine 3. Friend 4. Step Sister  5. FSIL 6. Sister.  Our family got hit hard this year haha.  

We are missing two one being the same day as my step-sister and the other when we will be on our honeymoon.

Post # 15
81 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

So far we have 3 this year. One in August, one in September, one in November. All friends.

Last year we had 6 and I was in 2 of those. It was a bit nuts.

Post # 16
499 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

2 weddings, but probably won’t be able to make it to both… =(

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors