posted 3 years ago in July 2014
Post # 3
613 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

@Audrey2:  Good idea!

Wedding Date : 4th July

Wedding Colours: Coral (and irvory)

No. of Guests: Guest list count is at 84, but it includes plus 1’s and guests we know will not come. So i’m hoping it will be in the 60’s.

Type of venue: The whole wedding is in a beautiful, isolated garden. The ceremony is outside infron of a semi-circular waiste high brick wall and trees, and then the reception is beside it in a permanent tent, which sits above ground with actual flooring.

Theme/feel you are going for: relaxed, summery-romantic-whimsical-garden type feel (;

Wedding Dress: Mori lee 6763

What are you most excited about? So many things! We decided to stay in the same hotel room the night before sowe wake up together on our wedding day. Our first look which will be at our beautiful-castle like high school and after the wedding. Reception will end at around 4:30pm and then my new husband and I are having a private dinner at our favorite resturant, then taking sunset pictures and then going to an after party to celebrate with family! Then we leave for our honeymoon the next day…very excited for that! 😛

Any honeymoon plans? We didn’t have any desire to leave the country and we hate beach/resort honeymoons because they sounds so boring to us. So we are heading to Toronto and going to be doing the edge walk at the CN tower, Canada’s wonderland, visitin Casa Loma, museums, sceince centers, the zoo (elephant and camel rides!!!), movie theaters and just some sight seeking. Our hotel also have rooftop jaccuzi with some great views of the city, so im sure that will make for a nice evening or two

Post # 4
473 posts
Helper bee

I am new here, but I will be a July bride. 

Wedding Date : 21st July

Wedding Colours: Most likely teal and cream

No. of Guests: 4! My mother and daughter, and his parents. Hello Elopement!

Type of venue: Gorgeous gardens and gazebo overlooking the Coral Sea in the Whitsundays (Great Barrier Reef, Australia)

Theme/feel you are going for: Tropical Paradise!

Wedding Dress: No fancy designer, just a beautiful lace gown. Pics to come when it arrives!

What are you most excited about? Looking and feeling gorgeous, marrying my best friend. 

Any honeymoon plans? Since it’s already a destination wedding, we are staying on at the resort for a few more days. We already both live in typical honeymoon destinations so we don’t need a real honeymoon when we will have the Caribbean Sea and the Coral Sea at our doorsteps 🙂 

Post # 5
251 posts
Helper bee

Wedding Date : July 26th

Wedding Colours: pale blue, aqua, and white with splashes of yellow

No. of Guests: 80-100

Type of venue: Small church for ceremony, historic spanish colonial courtyard and gardens

Theme/feel you are going for: California summer garden party

Wedding Dress: Allure L244. Fit and flare with embroidered vines and flowers

What are you most excited about? Being married! and celebrating with family and friends I don’t get to see much anymore

Any honeymoon plans? Staying in Monterey where we are getting married, enjoying the quiet seaside together for a few days and maybe visiting some wineries in the Valley

Post # 6
36 posts
  • Wedding: January 2010

Wedding Date : July 19

Wedding Colours: Not 100% sure yet, likely pale pink with a bright colour… still figuring this out.

No. of Guests: Likely 75ish, maybe 85. Invites are going out soon.

Type of venue: Outdoor ceremony in park with amazing mountain view, then to a music studio event space that is super super awesome. Kind of like modern industrial style but not dingy! haha

Theme/feel you are going for: I ADORE ombre so I will incorporating this through a few different elements…

Wedding Dress: Mori Lee 5101 ombre! ahhh!

What are you most excited about? Showing my guy the dress as I walk down the aisle, and the reception where we will feel more relaxed (we’re both shy about being in front of crowds).

Any honeymoon plans? Not yet, we’re on a super budget and paying for it all ourselves so we have to wait to see if we can afford to go on a honeymoon after the wedding. Our absolute dream location would be New Zealand for a month, but that’s pricey so maybe we’ll end up going to Aruba, fingers crossed!

Post # 8
2167 posts
Buzzing bee

Wedding Date : July 26th

Wedding Colours: White, Ivory, Gold, Blush

No. of Guests: 300 guests for sit down dinner.

Type of venue: Ceremony, cocktail hour and recpetion at the venue.

Theme/feel you are going for: Goddess, heaven, fairytale!

Wedding Dress: Two custom made gowns.

What are you most excited about? Marrying my best friend!

Any honeymoon plans? Cruise for 8 days!!!!

Post # 9
251 posts
Helper bee

@Audrey2:  English garden reception sounds wonderful! You must be somewhere in the south to plan an outdoor reception, it seems to rain just about every other day when I visit Yorkshire haha

@Prettygirltisha:  We’re date twins =) love your color scheme

Post # 10
4959 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Wedding Date : July 5th

Wedding Colours: Coral! I still havent decided what my accent color is… lol.

No. of Guests: 100-120 depending on who RSVP’s yes! We’re inviting about 130.

Type of venue: Our venue is a recpetion hall but it is BEAUTIFUL! We get married outside in a beautiful grassy, tree area with a gazebo. Then cocktail hour is in the “cellar”, a really cool, dark bar kind of place. Then a beautiful ballroom with chandeliers! 

Theme/feel you are going for: I’m not sure I really have a “theme” but I am going for an elegant feel – which will probably be ruined once my FI’s frat brothers start getting drunk!

Wedding Dress: Casablanca 2053

What are you most excited about? The rehearsal dinner! LOL – we are having a big BBQ on July 4th. Seriously though – I am excited to get married to my FI and I’m looking forward to the ceremony being OVER because I hate people staring at me.

Any honeymoon plans? We’re going to Aruba for 7 nights 🙂 

Post # 12
36 posts

@Audrey2:  Thanks! I do love it but I am second guessing it a bit (even though I was obsessed with it before I even tried it on)… “Is it too poofy? Is it too pink? Will people think it’s weird? Is it too this or too that” and so on and so on. I’m just over-thinking it… I think most brides go through that in a way, judging by all the dress regret threads. Either way, I’m sticking with it cause I don’t have any more money for another one! haha! Part of it is that I never got to see what it looks like with the ombre in person, they only had the white version in the store… But it’s so nice to have someone impartial have the same reaction as me when I first stumbled upon it… very reassuring!

Post # 13
310 posts
Helper bee

Good idea!

Wedding Date : 12th July

Wedding Colours: Cranberry and beige, with other jewel tones: greens, yellows, orange ect. 

No. of Guests: invited 150, thinking about 75-90 will attend (already getting a couple no’s and invites haven’t gone out yet

Type of venue: Friends yard for the ceremony, tent reception at a lake

Theme/feel you are going for: rustic with fishing influences!

Wedding Dress: WG3381 davids bridal, lace dress, no sparkles to be seen 🙂

What are you most excited about? Having all my family in one place and spending a few days together!

Any honeymoon plans?  Chicago to fly fighter jets!

Post # 14
106 posts
Blushing bee

Wedding Date : 7-7-4

Wedding Colours: navy, cream, orangey amber, mint, and a deep reddy/brown

No. of Guests: 30ish for the destination part, 150+/- for the at-home reception

Type of venue: Disney cruise to Alaska for wedding, our family farm and neighbours farm (there’s a connecting gate) for at home reception/local foods feast

Theme/feel you are going for: vintage travel on the cruise; fun and local for the bbq

Wedding Dress: can’t remember the style number but it’s a ballgown with a removable skirt and a cocktail dress underneath. and pockets!

What are you most excited about? spending a week with our closest friends and family. and all that food haha

Any honeymoon plans? We’re doing a second week on the same itinerary of the cruise, so while we never specifically said it’s our honeymoon, it basically will be. As soon as the wedding is over we start saving for a 16-20 month trip around the world we are aiming to start 22 months after the wedding. I’m tempted to call that our delayed honeymoon 🙂

Congrats to all you other July Bees!

Post # 16
36 posts

@Audrey2:  I just looked it up, I love it, especially the bottom!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors