Spinoff: just for fun did any of you guys have a wedding with 200 plus people…

posted 3 years ago in Logistics
  • poll:
    Yes : (2 votes)
    8 %
    No : (18 votes)
    72 %
    We had 200 plus people and couldn't invite all our friends due to huge families and Inlaws friends : (4 votes)
    16 %
    Other : (1 votes)
    4 %
  • Post # 3
    2151 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: July 2015

We’re maxing out at 300. We both have huge families. We are being told that the numbers won’t effect the amount of friends we can invite, but realistically I think that it will at least a little bit. Both my mom & FMIL have subtly stated how they’re having trouble limiting their numbers. In the end, they are (very generously) paying for our food & booze so it doesn’t bother me too much if we have to cut our list a little bit. As long as we are able to invite our closest friends, we’ll be happy! 

Post # 4
    455 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2014

I will have 236 guests, and that’s still not enough. You can’t invite everyone. His family is small, but mine is huge!

Post # 5
    22124 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: July 2011

We invited about 300, ended up with about 230-240, and honestly we still made some cuts. But we were really happy overall with those who were able to attend and celebrate with us!

Post # 6
    483 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2014

we’re having 250 which is on the small side for my culture and the only reason it’s so small is because my Fi’s father was never in the picture so neither was his family so his part of the guest list is very short..I, on the other hand, have a huge family and lots of family friends. I’m not inviting all my friends because 1) there’s not that much room and 2) they’re not all ppl I see myself being friends with 10 years down the road..more like acquaintances I guess

Post # 7
    3828 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: November 1999

225 and that was tight. There were a lot of friends we would have liked to invite and couldn’t. 

Post # 8
    3828 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: November 1999

sorry. Invited 250, 225 came. Wish we could have had more but 225 was enough. It was so hard trying to connect with everyone

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors