(Closed) Spinoff – October 2012 Show Us Your Final Settings!

posted 5 years ago in October 2012
Post # 3
Hostess
8143 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2012

I’ll Play!

How far in advance did you get the bands?  We started looking into custom bands like 6  months in advance because i know it would take me forever. they were done with 3 weeks to spare!

Did you pick your own band out or did he do it? both FI (now DH) and myself chose which styles we wanted on our own.

What kind of band did he go with? He went with a custom mixed metal! He created his own Sterling mix from a Morgan silver dollar from the 1800s, copper wire from our first home, and another piece of copper wire from the instrument panel of a 747 plane. He’s crazy and loves history and planes.  πŸ™‚ All melted down and formed in a Euro-style (not straight, but not domed, midway) profile band. He had to jewler NOT polish it. he didnt like the shine. It will also tarnish and get banged up over time like he wanted.  πŸ™‚

How often did you wear your band before the big day? once to test fit! but i wasn’t allowed.  πŸ™‚

Any funny or otherwise ring-related stories to share? mine took forever. we went through 3 designs! and then i just picked one from the case and asked them to curve it.  πŸ™‚

Show us those sparklies:

design process: Wax Mold :

The topic ‘Spinoff – October 2012 Show Us Your Final Settings!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors