(Closed) Spinoff: Who Is Actually Playing the $476,000,000 Mega Millions?

posted 6 years ago in The Lounge
  • poll: Are you playing the $476,000,000 Mega Millions
    Yes - I play the lottery frequently. : (11 votes)
    13 %
    Yes - I don't usually play but for this crazy high amount, I'll let myself dream. : (47 votes)
    55 %
    No - I don't gamble ever. : (3 votes)
    4 %
    No - The odds are so far-fetched I don't even think about it. : (16 votes)
    19 %
    Undecided : (2 votes)
    2 %
    Obligatory other : (6 votes)
    7 %
  • Post # 3
    4693 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

I don’t play, I never win anything! (Which I suppose is probably because I don’t play.. haha.. )

Post # 4
    1319 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: January 2012

Oh, no! I was hoping this thread wouldn’t come up. We are, and I just want to believe nobody else is, and we’ll win. ๐Ÿ˜›

Post # 5
    500 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

We are!

Post # 6
    55 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

we are!! finally finished listing our budget for the wedding yesterday, and i’d have to say, $476M sounds SO good right about… now. lol! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 7
    4322 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

My office did a buy-in as well!

Post # 8
    1729 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: December 2012

we def are … we dont buy often- but i always think of this story:

homeless man goes up to an angel statue in front of a church every day, and every day he prays for the same thing “please let me win the lottery, so i can be back with my family”..finally one day after years of hearing his prayer, the angel speaks and says ” YOU MUST BUY A TICKET IN ORDER TO WIN”

so yeah, with the wedding & FI’s health failing.. we def are buying and praying!

Post # 9
    6893 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: March 2012

Heck yes we are! You can’t win if you don’t play, right? ๐Ÿ˜‰ Plus, it’s just a couple of dollars. We’ll probably buy 4 or 5 tickets, so $5 max. We could really REALLY use some extra money right now like crazy-bad.

I’d like to think if I won I’d send random secret money out to all the bees…somehow? haha. My brother and I already decided we would become year-round “secret santa” shoppers and just go give people money as our “job.” hahaha. Dreaming, dreaming.

Post # 10
    7174 posts
    Busy Beekeeper

Darling Husband always does that office buy in thing and it drives me nuts.  I don’t care that he plays, but I really don’t think multiples of 100 tickets (or whatever the group ends up getting) gives you better odds than just 1 ticket.  You know what I mean?  If the odds are 1 in 100million – buying 500 tickets, only gives you *slightly* better odds.  Now, if he wins, I’ll think it was the most brilliant plan EVER ๐Ÿ˜‰

Post # 11
    2522 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: November 2013

I think I might buy 1 ticket, I think I’ve played the lottery 2 or 3 times prior?

Post # 12
    5075 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: October 2012

Play it quite a bit – even when it’s down at 12 Million.  12 Million would still be good. LOL

My FI’s coworker won the local state lottery last year – about 3 million. So it’s always possible.

Someone has to win.  Why not me? 

Post # 14
    2320 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

Darling Husband usually buys a ticket for something every week. I never have cash so I don’t usually buy them, but I’m heading to the bank in a bit to get some cash so I can go buy a couple of tickets!

Post # 15
    6248 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: August 1900

I usually don’t unless I’m with someone else who is buying a ticket.  So we’ll see…

Post # 16
    7609 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper

We don’t have this in Canada, but I can’t wait for a thread from a bee who wins!

The topic ‘Spinoff: Who Is Actually Playing the $476,000,000 Mega Millions?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors