(Closed) Spring 2012 Babies – Part 5

posted 6 years ago in Babies
Post # 4
1701 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

@PasteMoo: thanks for the understanding.  My cousin is a year younger than me and not married…..would have been first grandchild on both sides, but at least I’ll be first on my Mom’s side. 

Cravings:

pickles have never tasted better!!!!!

Post # 5
1263 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

@cvbee – I think your reaction was natural!  SO happy for her, but also a smidge disappointed that you won’t have the first grandchild.  I’m so far down the pecking order on both sides of the family that I’ll be like grandchild 22 for our side and my husband’s side!

I’m eating lots of cereal – not sure if it’s the milk or the combo of milk and cereal that is so good right now.

I’m 5 weeks and hoping that nausea will stay at bay this week….I’m tired, my boobs hurt, and I’m an eating machine (my stomach is a bottomless pit that goes sour if not full) but otherwise feel really good!

Post # 6
339 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

I wish I had some fun food cravings! Today my baby is a lime, I’m 11 weeks. So happy that the first trimester will be over soon and hopefully the nausea will say bye-bye. I made hubby take a crappy cameraphone photo of my belly yesterday because I’ve been feeling like I just look fat. Doesn’t this seem like a large bump for 11 weeks? Now, my tummy was not completely flat to begin with, I had a little belly, but this is kind of insane to me. I’m sure some of it must be bloating. I’ve gained 4 lbs. so far.

Post # 7
410 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

@mrsjazz: Hun, you don’t look fat AT ALL! I love your bump! Adorable!

Post # 8
339 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

@MrsStrz: Thanks! I just want to get to the point where other people see that it’s a baby bump. In my work clothing it just looks like I had a large meal. There’s this woman at work who likes to point out when I’ve lost or gained weight, I know she’s going to notice soon–(I recently lost 25 lbs).

Post # 9
1263 posts
Bumble bee

@mrsjazz – what a cute bump!  it looks all baby bump to me!

Post # 10
7779 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

Wow, part 5 and we’re only in 2nd trimesters. lol. I wonder how many we’ll make it up to.

@cvbee: I think your reaction was normal too. You were operating under the assumption that your baby was going to be first and then were hit with the news that you’re not. I think I probably would have felt a little disappointed too.

Post # 11
410 posts
Helper bee

@mrsjazz: Gotta love those nosy co-workers…ugh!

Post # 12
2027 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

@cvbee: We will be having the first grandkid and great grandkid on both sides, and I can tell you, I would be heartbroken for a couple of days if it doesn’t actually turn out that way, at least on my husband’s side. I have an older sister, so I really wouldn’t be upset if she had a child before me, but my husband is the oldest on his side, and that’s where it would really hurt. I think it just feels like that’s how it’s supposed to happen when you’re the oldest. Totally irrational, but that’s how it is. That said, I am really worried about telling my sister. We are really close, and she is recently divorced. I think she thought she would be in a different place at this point in her life, so I know this will upset her. I feel like this is really going to hurt her. 

@mrsjazz: You’re bump is precious. I am just about 10 weeks, and just look fluffy. At least you look pregnant. And tell that woman at work to shut it! Seriously. 

Post # 13
2201 posts
Buzzing bee

Six weeks today . . . and I’m definitely feeling nauseous. Started last night after dinner. But let me tell you – Cheerios are definitely my new best friend. They are next to me in bed, with me at work and in between every meal.

I was supposed to have 2 cavities filled today (I called the dental office 2 weeks ago to make sure it would be okay, and they said “no need to reschedule”). But when I told the dentist that I am “6 weeks pregnant and feeling a little iffy, so if she could not tip the chair back all the way, it would be in everyone’s best interest”, she told me she would be more comfortable if I rescheduled for the second trimester. Which is fine by me because I definitely feel better when I am completely upright. With ginger ale. And crackers.

And I have a giant zip lock bag in my car . . . just in case. Wink

Post # 14
2142 posts
Buzzing bee

Ladies….we had our first ultrasound today and I could not stop giggling when I saw that little olive on the screen!!! We have baby’s official first picture and his/her heartbeat comes in at a strong 172. 🙂

I have my first OB appt on Wednesday, can’t wait!!!!

Officially, 9 weeks today. 🙂

@mrsjazz:

that looks like a total cute baby bump to me!!! Jealous! 😛

We’re both the youngest on our sides so chances of us having first grandkids were not in the card. However, the one thing that did annoy me is that on his mom’s side there is a tradition of the first girl born in each generation to have a middle name of “H”. And when his older brother had a daughter first they gave her middle name his wife’s stepmom that she is not even close to!! Then when they had their second daughter they gave her middle name as “H”. It kinda peeved me that she took the tradition but pissed on it by giving it to her second daughter. If she was closer to her stepmom  I would understand but she’s not!

Post # 15
410 posts
Helper bee

Who is going to find out the sex of their baby? If so, when?

I just scheduled a sneak peek for October 15th. I’ll only be 15 weeks but I’m too impatient to wait till the anatomy scan at 20 weeks. Embarassed

Post # 16
1263 posts
Bumble bee

@redgerber – yay!  congrats!

@goldi – hope your nausea does not last long!  i too have a dentist appt today…just routine cleaning but i guess i need to tell them i am pregnant.

@mrsstrz – I don’t think we are going to find out the gender…DH apparently feels strongly that he wants it to be a surprise!  It will be SO hard for me not to know.

The topic ‘Spring 2012 Babies – Part 5’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors