- 3 years ago
- Wedding: October 2013
For full background please see
1. ” I don’t care if my baby is invited, I’m bringing her ” http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/i-dont-care-if-my-baby-is-invited-im-bringing-her#axzz2hYC2MIb1
2. Remember my uncle who is bringing the baby? Ugh now http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/remember-my-uncle-who-is-bringing-the-baby-ugh-now-hes#ixzz2hYCS5RBU
My uncle is being very vocal about his opinions on how my wedding should go. He has been bossy, demanding, and rude. No, he is not contributing financiall to the wedding. I cannot be ultra rude and tell him he can’t come to the wedding. We used to be very close as we are only 7 years apart in age and grew up together.
1. Problems with my wedding started when he told me that he didnt care if I wanted a child-free wedding that he is bringing his 6 month old daughter. Then said he will not remove her even if she cries… Grrr
2. He insisted she should be a flower girl. In fact, when I said I was getting married, his reaction “Ohh you should have waited 2 years so BabyGirl could be a fg.” Then he insisted she could be carried
3. He told me that one of my cousins (who is estranged from the family, and with whom I do not have a relationship with was going to be in town at the time of my wedding and suggested I invite her… He alleged she would be here to visit my grandma. She has never visited my grandma here in the past 10 years… though she has been in town for other reasons. He is very close with her and considers her “high society.” He wanted her as a guest.
4. He told me not to invite one of my dad’s long time friends and then got mad when he heard another of my dad’s long time friends was invited and said not to seat him near them. btw, they all work together
5. Has made several inquiries/requests/demands about who he wants to sit near and who he doesnt
6. Demanded that his choice in musicians be selected when I said I was engaged. I said my dad was taking care of it. A few days ago he asked me if I had anyone, told me that he has someone and even after I said that I did told me that he checked and his are available. Again I reiterated that I have one, that my dad picked them. Then he said “well you might want to double check and see if he actually did it” Guys, the wedding is in two weeks. We’ve got this.
7. To top this all off, when my uncle got married about 6 years ago, due to my legal situation in the US, I could not travel abroad and therefore could not go. Fine, to each their own with DW but he had already been married for 6 years in a civil service to which only her side of the family was invited. He got married to avoid deportation but it was to a longtime gf who he loved. Still and all, I was not invited/included whatever. TO the ceremony he had “so that family could be there”
I just called and told him I wanted to talk to him. He had to hang up bc he was in a store. But is calling back.
How do I navigate this?