Post # 1
I’ve seen a lot of threads and questions lately about how early you can get a BFP. I found this website a while back and it has the best info I’ve found so far.
This page has results for pregnant women who took pregnancy tests and what the results were by DPO. Remember, only pregnant women are included, so any negative results are false negatives. For example, at 9dpo (what I am tomorrow…) 50% of pregnant women test positive and 50% have false negatives. These results are pooled from all types of pregnancy tests.
This is a different section of the same website, where the results are divided by brand of test. You can click and go to the results of each brand by dpo. A FRER for example, at 9dpo, has about a 60% chance of a BFP and 40% chance of a false negative – better than average, and the reason the Bees love us some FRER!
A couple other things of note I’ve discovered from the site:
-Wondfos perform nearly as well as the FRER, so thus our love affair with them is also substantiated. 🙂
-When looking through the results, pay attention to the number of tests submitted – don’t put much faith in a statistic if it’s based on only a few dozen tests. Power in numbers!
-For nearly all brands of tests, the % that get a BFP levels off at about 12 or 13 dpo. So, for those who want to avoid seeing a BFN, but at the same time don’t want to wait, 13dpo seems like a good day to shoot for.
Happy TTC’ing, lovely ladies of the Bee!
Post # 3
Update to this if anyone comes across it in the future. One brand of test that is not on this website is the OSOM test (available on amazon). Let me tell you, these tests are the best out there! They are more sensitive than FRERs and I hear they almost never have evaps/false positives. Happy to say I’m living proof! My OSOM yesterday was an obvious positive, wondfo was a squinter, and FRER was a super squinter! I dug my old OSOMs out of the trash from earlier in the week, and darn it if mine from the day before (8dpo) and the day before that (7dpo) had squinters! So, that makes it squinter-BFP for OSOM at 7dpo, and Wondfo and FRER at 9dpo. I heard about these tests from this website:
The lady there took a bunch of HPTs everyday ($$$!), and the OSOM was positive at 7dpo vs the FRER at 10dpo.
A note about the OSOMs though, is do not trust the 3 minute time on the package! Let those things cook a good 30 minutes! From my experience and the experience of the lady at peestickparadise, I am a believer that a line on an OSOM is a BFP, regardless of when it shows up!
Link to order:
Good luck, everyone!
Post # 3
bananasareyellow: these are amazing resources! Thank you for posting!!!
Post # 4
bananasareyellow: i am goig to check out this site and the info.
i just got a (well I hope its right) a BFP by taking a home pregnancy test from a brand I never heard of and it was from another country. I had posted a few days ago bc I couldn’t believe I am pregnant. I still cant believe it. I know this sounds terrible but I feel like I cant be excited about it until I go for my first ultrasound and hear from my doctor “yup, you are pregnant” and see the baby on the screen. I just have this terrible fear that I will miscarry.
According to my LMP, I am a little over 3 weeks. I only started trying on Oct 5th. I dont know when I O’d. I was on vacation and didnt keep track, I kinda just said to myself if it happens, it happens. Then by Thursday midafternoon, we were walking and I just couldnt take it anymore, I felt dizzy, I stsrted to have light cramps on my left side, and he asked me what do you want to do, I said lets go back to the hotel room, I want to take a pregnancy test. And I wasnt expecting a positive. I took another one in the A.M and it came out positive again and the lines were super dark.
Now I am back at home and just out of shock I am taking another one with a brand I am familiar with. (First response). My period is not due until the 3rd or 4th of Nov.
Post # 5
bananasareyellow: thanks for posting this, I know it was a while ago but still appreciated! Do you know if there are similar stats out there for blood tests (beta hCG) and how early is can detect pregnancy?
Post # 6
hollyberry4: Glad you found it helpful!
Daizy914: I completely understand not believing it at first! Miscarriage is, unfortunately, very common. But, and I understand this is nearly impossible, try not to dwell on the bad things that can happen. You got multiple positive tests – today, you’re pregnant! Call your doc and get in for confirmation/reassurance. I hope everything goes well for you!
pinkfaerie: This site isn’t exactly what you’re asking about, but I love it: http://www.betabase.info/chart/basic/single It is a database of betas – the earliest submitted ones are at 10dpo. The countdowntopregnancy site does have a blood category, but there are very few results submitted, so the stats are probably not that accurate, but it’ll give you an idea of what’s possible: http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test/brand-chart.php?hptbrandid=16 (at 8dpo a bit over half the women had a positive, but some women did have a negative and ending up being pregnant that cycle). Good luck tomorrow!!
Post # 7
bananasareyellow: Thank you for that info. I guess at 8 DPO it’s probably too early to get conclusive betas, or so I’m telling myself because my test came back negative. I will test with a HPT on the weekend if AF doesn’t show up, if I can hold out that long.