- 4 years ago
Time to spill it on a very sensitive subject.
After seriously discussing and deciding to move forward with our wedding plans, my SO mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. 🙁 Even though our wedding is a surprise to our guests, I am not sure if I should just share with her in hopes of keeping her spirits up, etc. I haven’t posted about thiis just yet, because we were waiting to get more information. She is now scheduled to have a masectomy on 5/29. We’ve kind of put wedding planning on the back burner, mainly due to such short notice, and other financial committments. (my daughter’s in college, so you already know 🙂
As previously mentioned, I am also a wedding planner and my season is in full bloom! While our timeline is not traditional (meaning, planning an entire wedding in less than a year-we were to have it within 6 months) it could have been done. But now, we are talking about holding off until Spring. I’m bummed, but maybe it is best because I just want to be there for him and his mom during this difficult time. And I also don’t want the planning to be a bittersweet experience. I’ve already gone through a cancelled wedding in a past relationship. 🙁 I do a lot of work with breast cancer awarenesss, so now that she has been diagnosed, she immediately has taken a more personable and intimate liking to me. We now have lots of long convos and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! 🙂
I may visit another bridal shop or two within the next couple weekends, because timeline wise….if we stick to our date, I NEED A DRESS ORDERED ASAP!!!! I’m also going to meet with our venue because I need to develop a relationship with them anyway for future events. Luckily, our vendors are my colleagues, so I don’t feel as much pressure with them and we have yet to make deposits. We’re simply penciled in and they’ll call me if someone expresses an interest in our date. (But in wedding world, most couples would have already booked them by now.)
So tell me, bees….what would you do? Would you just hold off a bit? Continue moving forward? or give it a few weeks then discuss the issue again?
Thanking you in advance for your advice and opinion.