(Closed) Still not engaged, but…we've set a wedding date (in 2015). Seems crazy!

posted 5 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
2143 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

I’m in basically the same situation. Wedding date basically decided (give or take a week) and even honeymoon decided lol. We’re just waiting for him to graduate this year to make it official 🙂 

Post # 4
1165 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I love your wedding date! That’s awesome. Who is the nerd? 

What kind of rings are you looking at?

Post # 5
341 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

for the record, you have my dream wedding date. insanely jealous.

Post # 6
3886 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

If you’ve got a wedding date, you’re engaged. 

Post # 8
1030 posts
Bumble bee

We did that!

It was just a mutual agreement that we’d get married by a certain time, but it was 6 months after this that he ‘popped the question’.

We didn’t tell our famillies our plans until he’d bought a ring and done the ‘down on one knee’ thing. I know people say “well if you’ve decided, then you’re engaged” but we didn’t class ourselves as engaged because we didn’t feel engaged.

We said we’d marry each other after 2 months of dating – and we certainly weren’t engaged then!

It’s good that you have a date that is important – we just picked any old date! But I promise you – from  now until proposal/ring time it’s gonna be haaaaaaaaard!

I waited 6 months and boy, that was tough!

Post # 9
1652 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I don’t understand because surely you are engaged if you have set a wedding date aren’t you?!

Post # 11
481 posts
Helper bee

We did this too… on a much more expidited schedule. We’ll be getting “officially” engaged in the next 30 days, but we decided on July 20 (this year) as the date a couple months ago. Since the engagement is going to be pretty… SHORT… we’re getting some of the planning out of the way. Good luck to ya!

Post # 12
1980 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

@Polyphemus:  That’s a really fun date! 3.14 is my friend’s birthday, but it seems like a great wedding date- pi is a constant and your future husband/ wife is really your constant in life. Plus it is used with circles and spheres which have long symbolized marriage (ie wedding rings)- congrats on picking a day! 

Ps And you aren’t engaged bc strangers online tell you that you are engaged, lol! Two people are engaged when both people agree to be engaged. 🙂

Post # 13
544 posts
Busy bee

I’m hoping my wedding will be around then as well! Between March and May. Fingers crossed!

Post # 14
363 posts
Helper bee

AW that is EXACTLY where I am with my SO. We decided to get married on pi (yay we are date twins:]) since that is my favorite number ever and a couple years is a good amount of time to plan:). I have been hoping to get married on pi since basically when we started dating 4 years ago, now I am just waiting for him to propose officially so we can get a ring ;).  YAY 3-14-15 is where it’s at 😀

Post # 15
507 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012 - Cabin

That was DH and I… We talked about marriage.. Picked a date that had significance to us about 2 years away and he had to plan on proposing before the wedding date leaving me time to plan a wedding. He did do that… 11 months before our wedding date he proposed, and we announced our engagement and planned a wedding. We didn’t consider ourselves engaged until the actual proposal and announcing it to family, we just knew we would be getting married. But it did cause stress having that timeline with no engagement… It was like a countdown.. :-). Congrats on choosing the perfect date for yourselves!!!!

The topic ‘Still not engaged, but…we've set a wedding date (in 2015). Seems crazy!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors