Stones falling out of eng161/144?

posted 3 years ago in Rings
Post # 6
6865 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2014 - A castle!

@Pisces:  I remember one bee with a very petite band (I think 1.3-1.7 mm) and the band is warping. My band from MoCo is 1.7 mm at it’s thinnest, I believe. A lot of their settings are from Unique Settings of New York, you might be able to look up the specs on there, but I would be weary of a super thin band, unless you plan to solder your ering with your wedding band.

Post # 7
6865 posts
Busy Beekeeper

I found the post – hope it’s helpful

Post # 9
19 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I’ve had 161 for about 6 months now and haven’t had any issues. I inspect the stones all the time because I’m so paranoid, they all look great still! 🙂

Post # 10
669 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

I have the Eng144 for almost a year and a half and haven’t had any of these issues!

Post # 12
6865 posts
Busy Beekeeper

@Pisces:  No problem. I have TONS of pave in mine (.77 ct of pave) and so far no problems. I did buy jewelry insurance through Jeweler’s Mutual and they will pay to replace any stones that fall out or need to be reset. It’s only like $25/year, so it was a no brainer. If I were you, I would just purchase jewelry insurance regardless of the ring and you can rest assured lol

Post # 13
6865 posts
Busy Beekeeper

@Pisces:  

Ha! I should’ve knocked on wood!! I saw you on my new post about losing my stone this morning then remembered I was commenting on yours! So far it seems like MoCo is going to do repairs for free, and they are sending the shipping label out to me too so I don’t think I will have to pay for that. I haven’t contacted my jewelry insurance company yet, I think I will let MoCo handle as much as possible.

GAH. My luck 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors