Cherish Necklace : (0 votes)
    Freshwater Cultured : (1 votes)
    7 %
    No necklace : (3 votes)
    20 %
  • Post # 3
    327 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2018 - Holy Family Catholic Church, reception: National Infantry Museum

What does your dress look like? 

Post # 5
    2365 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2009

Hi! Beautiful dress! First of all, I am not sure of your body frame, but if you’re comfy enough – I would leave your neck bare! That dress has soooo much going on, and you want it to be a focus, a necklace would just not benefit your look, imo. You could do beautiful earrings though …

Post # 6
    1363 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2009

I do see a lot of strapless dresses without necklaces, so that might be a good option too.  I do really like the Flora Bella and Multi Strand necklaces you posted though.  

Post # 8
    1276 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2009

I was also going to ask about your body frame.  If you’re a bit on the bigger/more muscular side, I’d say the multi-strand or Heirloom (what I meant to vote for, I accidentally clicked rose jardin).  But if you’re smaller I’d opt for simpler.  Maybe even a small pearl pendant, or definitely a light single strand like the last one.  It also depends a bit on how big/formal your wedding will be.

Post # 9
    1276 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2009

I guess we cross posted.  Since you’re on the petite side (just a bit taller than me), I’m wondering if the necklaces with the big roses/flowers on them might be too overpowering.  I have a tiny neck, so I think they’re lovely but they would completely swamp me.  I’m thinking now something more delicate which could still be the swarovski multi strand.

Check out this site for some ideas:

http://jewelrystylist.com/cart/advanced_search_result.php?&keywords=white+pearl

I like the Illusion 3-strand and the  Dangling off-white pearl.  If you want higher quality materials you could probably ask someone at Etsy.

Post # 11
    1230 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: November 2008

I love the lace that comes up over the bustline of your dress.  I think you should just get a pair of fabulous earrings and skip the necklace.  I really think it will be too much going on with all that beautiful lace!

Post # 12
    175 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: October 2009

They’re all soo pretty!

Post # 13
    Hostess
    4943 posts
    Honey bee

I think the Rose Jardin is absolutely beautiful! The timeless elegance is what makes it perfect for you dress!

Post # 14
    444 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2010

I think I agree with others. Skip the necklace and get a pair of fabulous earings!

Post # 15
    5154 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: June 2010

I like the idea of no necklace…but on the other hand, if you would like one,go for something simple (like a small pear shaped or tear drop)

Post # 16
    92 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: September 2009

I think that if the necklace is relatively small that it won’t interfere with your dress. Of the above, Flora Bella is my personal choice – I’d do a pair of tiny pearl drop earrings with it. Like these but maybe even simpler, and ivory or white, depending on your dress color. http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=9081426

The topic ‘Strapless Dress & necklace advice’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors