Stuck at 141… Vent…

posted 3 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
110 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

I understand the frustration. I have much more than 11lbs to lose but can share some advice: while it’s important to keep calories in mind, they type of calories you’re consuming contribute significantly to weight loss (as I’m sure you know.) Salads always seem like the best diet option, but anyone looking to “burn fat” should consider their calorie breakdown to be 50% protein, 30% carbs and 20% fat. There are a surprising amount of carbs in fruits and veggies (although they’re still a better option than tradtional junk food) but consider snacking on more lean proteins. Good luck shedding those last 11lbs!

Post # 5
1988 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

I know how you feel! Try making a slight change. Maybe change up meal times or jazz up your workout routine. After a while, you body gets used to what you’re doing and the weight won’t budge unless you do something differently. 

Post # 6
5460 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

@Barbiestylez:  Good job on the weight loss so far!  Don’t get down on yourself for a little slipping with the diet here and there.  It happens.

Since you’ve been working out and eating well for a while now, maybe your body has gotten used to the routine?  It might be time to switch it up a bit and bust through that plateau!  If you’ve been doing spin class 3x a week, swap out one or two of those for some weightlifting or zumba.  Throw in some high intensity intervals to rev up the metabolism.

Shake it up a bit, and you’ll find you will progress even more and you won’t get stuck in a rut 🙂

Post # 7
493 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

@Barbiestylez:  the title of this made me think it was going to be a vent about being stuck at level 141 on candy crush! 

with that said, i’ve been dieting as well and have lost about 6 pounds. technically i could still lose another 9 pounds and be at a healthy weight for my height and age, but my body is staying strong at my current weight (after losing 6 pounds). before going into this diet (weight watchers actually) i decided i would let my body tell me when i should stop losing weight. in order for me to lose more weight i would need to make pretty drastic changes, and i don’t think losing another 9 pounds would look good on my body, although it would be technically healthy.

i think its best to just let your body tell you what your ideal weight is, rather than statistics.

Post # 8
150 posts
Blushing bee

@Barbiestylez:  It’s very natural and actually not a bad thing – though it might not feel great.

It’s a time for your body to remember your new weight. The good news is, your body is also remembering 140 as a new number that it won’t easily go higher than that – so this being stuck is really the way to make your body stay thin without trying too hard.

I am naturally thin and I don’t try too hard, which is great, but because of that, I can’t loose easily. I’ve been staying in basically the same weight +- 2lbs for 15 years. Because my body remembers, it’s hard to go up or down. I prefer slightly thinner, and I budgeted 2 months to loose 4 lbs because I know I can’t loose fast.

So remember that you’re on a good track. You know, positive feelings make it easy to eat healthy 🙂

Post # 9
6510 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2013

Oh my gosh dinner is so hard for me too. DH can pig out all day everyday and gain nothing. I usually eat what he eats but I eat a smaller portion. I know exactly what it feels like to plateau. I list twenty pounds fairly quickly and then just stopped at 130. At that point I really ramped up my work outs and lost the five more pounds. I would ideally like to be at 120 but I eventually have that up and decided to be happy with my body. I decided I’d rather take days off from working out and occasionally cheat on my diet than have a completely flat stomach 🙂

What do you do for working out? If I stop working out and just watch what I easy I boomerang back to 130 pretty quickly. Don’t give up!!”

Post # 10
406 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

@Barbiestylez:  Have you been keeping track of your measurements?  What kind of workouts do you do?

I’m about 150 lbs right now and 5’6″, but because of the strength training I do, I have smaller measurements than when I was 140lbs.    Inches and how your clothes fit are much more telling than pounds.

Also, if you’ve had a few cheat days, you may be retaining some water.  Drink a lot of fluids and get back on the wagon 🙂

Post # 13
9412 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

@Barbiestylez:  By the sounds of this post, you make yourself sound as fat as one of your butterballs. I am a very honest person and I would just not comment on your thread if I thought you looked terrible or fat. Rather than be mean, I’d say nothing. However, in all seriousness and honesty you look great in every one of those pictures you posted.

I know there is a term for it but I can’t think of it right now…I don’t think you see yourself as other people do. It’s like you have a distorted image of yourself because trust me you do not have fat arms, legs, or anything else! I think there is nothing wrong with getting healthier and working out but please don’t think you look anything less than beautiful.

Post # 15
2851 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Are you serious? I would love to have a body like yours. I am very thin, 5’2” and 100+ lbs. I am trying to gain weight so I can actually look like a woman LOL. Being super thin is NOT all it’s cracked up to be, I and I’m sure many would agree that you look good, at all stages! I get that you want to lose more, and that’s fine but I also think you should really not be so hard on yourself 🙂

Post # 16
Hostess
9919 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2014

@Barbiestylez:  Try using something like My Fitness Pal to track your calories – you might be surprised at the results you have that way.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors