- Miss Heirloom
- 6 years ago
- Wedding: June 2013
My fiance and I are stuck between 2 photographers for our big day. Below are the pros/cons and their sample images from past weddings at our venue.
- Preferred vendor through our venue
- 10 hours of coverage for 1525.00 (reduced the price because he was 40 mins late to our initial meeting!)
- Receive 600-800 edited photos only 3 days after wedding online and on cd
- 10 Page Custom Tap Wedding Album
- Engagement session which is then turned into a 8×8 guest book for sign-in table (I guess we still need a guest book, but we already had a friend who does photography do our engagement pics, which turned out nice…in other words, this is something we don’t care too much about…)
- Online ordering for cheap (comparable to costco prints)
- Great personality! Made us laugh and seemed like he would be easy to work with (I usually get tense in front of a camera…)
- Online booking and payment method (easy to keep track of everything!)
- Lacks creativity in his photos (see example by clicking on link above), which is the one thing that is holding me back…
Michael Lawrence (http://mlawrencephotography.zenfolio.com/p709857743)
- Much more creative! Love all of his photos!
- Very professional (showed up on time for meeting, returned phone calls promptly, etc.)
- Willing to not do engagement session and use hour for engagement session for wedding day instead (7 hours of coverage, instead of 6, for 1612.50)
- Receive 300 edited photos 4-6 weeks (standard wait time) online and on cd
- 800 dollars extra for comparable Wedding Album!
- 4×6 proof album of 300 images included (much smaller, not professional matted album)
- Online ordering a bit more expensive (2-3 dollars per 4×6)
- Lack of personality (very business-like)
I think I would definitely go with John Salgado if I wasn’t so unsure of his creativity, plus it doesn’t help that he was late…(promises it will never happen again and his reviews are great…no comments about being late or anything…)
What do you think? How do I decide?