(Closed) summer 2012- never too soon to start!

posted 7 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
767 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I”m in the Fall of 11, but I was the same way.  I started in about a year in advance (which was good b/c my weight didn’t com off as quickly as I had expected).  I’d be up for being fit buddies anyway though. I like that you have the same mentality.  I wanted to get back into shape for me, and the wedding was just extra motivation with a time line on it.

PM me and we can talk!

Post # 4
251 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Me!!!  I’m June 2012 and down about 10 lbs. ( I was at almost 15 then gained some back….ahhhh!!  LOL) but i’d love to start something on here we should do weekly or bi-weekly weigh ins or something!  lol

Post # 5
954 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I’m not officially a 2012 bride- probably more like late 2012 early 2013 bc I’m not engaged yet (but we’re planning/talking about it sometime this year).  Can I join?  I recently gained 15 pounds and would like to lose them again.  I just started a new eating plan prescribed by a nutritionist.

Post # 6
251 posts
Helper bee

We should start a thread (I saw one already for some of the other brides) It’ll be biggest loser for 2012 brides!!  With weekly/biweekly weigh-ins!  What day should we start?

Post # 7
2084 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 1993

Count me in. I’ve managed to drop 19lbs in the last 10 weeks through a low fat diet and lots of running. (I’m running 5.5K 3x a week). I think I’d like to lose at least that again!

Post # 8
251 posts
Helper bee

What day should we start?  Everyone has to post their starting weight.  Then should we do weekly or bi-weekly weigh-ins?  When we do weigh-ins anyone who lost that week should also post what they did that’s working as tips for the rest of us!

Post # 9
2714 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I’m only trying to lose those last pesky 5-10 pounds and actually keep it off for once!! Can I still play?!?

Post # 10
60 posts
Worker bee

I want in too! I’m getting married on June 16th 2012. I started Weight Watchers in late April and have lost 5.6lbs already. I don’t have much to lose but I wanted to at least get a little trimmer before I start my dress shopping (on Saturday!!! eeek!!!). I’m hoping to lose another 10lbs before the wedding.

Post # 11
3142 posts
Sugar bee

I’m an April 2012 bride.  I’m not really trying to lose weight, but firm up and loose inches

Post # 13
251 posts
Helper bee

@kcoconut:This is a thread!  LOL and I say we can let anyone in who wants to join!

So I say everyone go home and weigh yourself tonight (to the tenth of a pound for example: 160.5) and we could start tommorrow?  Weekly weigh-ins on Wednesdays along with what you did that week to lose (if you did lose) so those of us who maybe didn’t that week can get some ideas of other things to try.  If anyone else wants to add anything in let me know and I can start the thread tommorrow morning it’ll be titled something like The Biggest Loser Summer 2012.  I’m excited great idea kcoconut!

Post # 14
251 posts
Helper bee

Or you can start the thread kcoconut since it was your idea doesn’t matter 🙂

Post # 15
4355 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I’m in!! I lost a good amount of weight in the fall but since Christmas I’ve been at a standstill. I need some motivation ladies!!

Post # 16
1664 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I don’t have any major weight to lose but I am probably one of the most unhealthiest eaters ever. I’d also be happy with losing 5-10 lbs and toning up. 

The topic ‘summer 2012- never too soon to start!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors