Summer 2014 Brides: Fitness/diet goals? How are you doing?

posted 3 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
462 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

My wedding is in September, but close enough 😉

I had quite a bit I wanted to lose and I’ve lost 20 pounds so far (yay) doing Weight Watchers online (I started in November). I want to start exercising more (I am pretty good about it in the Summer but as soon as winter hits I become a couch potato) so that’s my next goal.

My tip is that you don’t have to cut out all junk food! Just plan for it and don’t go crazy with it. It’s okay to eat skittles occasionally. Don’t beat yourself up 🙂

I don’t have a specific weight or size I am trying to be for my wedding date, I’m just focusing on getting healthier and in better shape. I know I can succeed at that!

Post # 4
1024 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

My wedding is in June. I’m on my 2nd week of T25 and then I’m going to do some rounds of Insanity.  I should have started a lot sooner. Diets going okay but only because FI is doing it with me haha

Post # 5
352 posts
Helper bee

FI and I started this week… Haha, we are hitting the gym 4/week and play soccer 2 nights a week. We also started juicing and trying to eat raw! 

Post # 6
193 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Goal is 15lb loss or so. I’m currently doing weight lifting and insanity. My wedding is in August so I’m aiming toward losing about 2lbs a month

Post # 7
620 posts
Busy bee

@butterfliesandhoney:  I don’t think skittles will ruin it for you : )

I’m not really trying to lose weight, but I want to be more toned so I’m doing yoga. Which I do anyway haha but I’m trying to do more! When the weather gets better I’m going to start jogging again. I just can’t bring myself to do it in the cold, dark night after work.

A couple of months before the wedding I’m going to stop eating wheat products (maybe eat them like once a week). I did that before and it really helped get rid of any little poochiness.

As far as tips I think theres a list online somewhere. Hold on let me find it lol

http://www.fitsugar.com/Worst-Foods-Eat-Before-Getting-Married-23014824#photo-23018136

I’m going to try to follow that a bit as well. But don’t overdo it, just eat healthy, keep exercising and you’ll be great!

Post # 8
244 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

My wedding is in September, but I have been actively trying to make better choices regarding exercise and eating.  I had about 13 total to lose (started at 133, want to be down to 120 or below for wedding).

Instead of making every dining out experience a “cheat” meal, I pick and choose what I want to splurge on.  For example, giving up rolls so I can get the steak I want.  I don’t like dessert so that’s not an issue.

I have also started to cook a lot more and got a Ninja blender for christmas which is great!

FI and I have also started working out on weekends when we previously used that as “cheat” time.

after a few months- I am now consistently down 5 lbs! (between 127 and 128). Only 8 to go!

Post # 9
1002 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

Hey Bees!  I just wanted to let you guys know there is an App called “PumpUp” and it designs workouts for you and you can chose length, type of workout, and what equipment you have available.  RunKeepep is another good one for those bees who like to walk/run/bike, it has GPS and tells you the route you took the time, keeps you on pace, saves the workouts for future reference.  I am a fitness nut and thought I would share these two apps, they are really awesome and definitely help to get a good workout.  Hope these help and you guys can meet your fitness goals!!

Post # 10
106 posts
Blushing bee

Sigh, I keep falling off the wagon. I got “down” to 132 prior to the holidays. Then Thanksgiving, Christmas, and a January wedding hit. I went back to 140. Now I’m going back to doing what I was doing before to hopefully get back down to the 132…using MyFitnessPal to track my eating habits and tracking calories burned during workouts. It worked before, so hopefully it’ll work again. It’s so hard because I love to eat so much. And it’s sad too, because I already do exercise at least 4 days a week. I’m not an emotional eater…I’m just the biggest foodie in the world!

Post # 11
679 posts
Busy bee

@June14Bride:  I’m totally in the same boat. I had been doing well going into the holidays but my weight has been creeping back up since December. I’ve managed keep going to the gym 2x a week but my eating is off and I need to hit the gym 4 or 5x a week to get back on track.

I am so blaming stress from work… I just want this school year to end aarrrgh.

Post # 12
497 posts
Helper bee

My wedding is first weekend in August and the weight loss pressure is setting in! I have been trying since January to eat healthier, exercise more but still allow an occasional dinner out and wine. I am more tones but the scale has moves and I need to lose 20 lbs! I am now trying Whole30 and hope to start seeing results! Would love to hear how everyone else is being successful!

Post # 13
2713 posts
Sugar bee

lol…skittles are SOOO good. OMG…especially the red ones.lol

Just trying to get fit for the summer.  I look super fit already when people see me but I want to be about 12 pounds heavier.  That is my goal.  So, I am trying to do a pound a week. Going to the gym today around 11:15 to do some butt to floor squats!  I think I will get there.  The hardest part is eating enough. I dont have a great appetite and have to force feed myself. Ugggh…

Post # 14
11 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2014

My wedding is in May and I am on my cleanse/work-out as of a week and a half ago.

I have lost 6 lbs so far doing Insanity since last Monday and doing the Standard Process Cleanse. I was looking to lose 20-25 before the wedding. So I am 1/4 of the way through…hoping to keep it up.

Insanity helps a ton, but ends in March for me…so I am thinking of trying T25 or the new P90x3 for the last month and a half.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors