Summer 2014 brides, where are you with planning?

posted 3 years ago in June 2014
Post # 3
3280 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I’m also a June bride in the STL and been engaged since Oct 12! I have a list of things to do over Christmas break since I go to school a few hours away:

Book DJ

Book Videographer

Book Florist

Book Make up artist

Decide on cake design 

Decide on hairstlyes 

Finish centerpieces

BM dress shopping

Venue rentals contract – chair covers, backdrop, etc

Finish guest list

Order invites

Book rehersal dinner

Start seating chart 

Order guest book tree

Figure out favors/candy bar?

Finish the day of timeline

I think there’s more but I’m hoping to get almost all of it done.

Then a few months later I’ll work on Groom/GM attire, FG/RB attire, dress alterations, programs, ceremony decorations, etc

Post # 4
542 posts
Busy bee

I’ve been engaged for over a year and a half. I haven’t done much since last summer as far as planning but its time to start doing things again! I need to order bridesmaid dresses, tuxes, find someone to do hair/makeup, order my cake, order invites. All within the next month I’m hoping to do these. Then just “little things” will be left. 

Post # 5
567 posts
Busy bee

@Skittles131:  I’m a June Bride and still don’t have much…done well…maybe i do but i just don’t feel like it…

I have the venue, waiters, food & alcohol is with the venue

DJ ( but yet to receive contract)

photographer & videographer (yet to receive contract)

wedding dress bought

Bridesmaid dresses order (they take over 3 months to get in)

Wedding planner booked (thank god)

I just found these AMAZING paper cocktail napkins on etsy for $35 for 100 napkins that are monogrammed!

schedule of the day

Not Done:

Centerpieces

Tuxes

Gifts for parents, bridemaids

invitations

minister

centerpieces ( but meeting with my florist in 2 weeks)

lighting

Live cocktail hour musicians

CAKE ( honestly I am NOT Spending 1,000 on a cake, ppl are going to be so drunk, lol nobody can tell the difference from a $400 cake and a $1,000 cake… I have heard that publix makes great, cheap, tasty cakes

favors

Programs

wedding dress accesories

Book hair stylist

Bridal Portaits

Bodouir (or however you spell it, sexy photo for fiance)

I’m sure I am leaving stuff out…lol tell me if I am leaving something big out

Post # 6
2150 posts
Buzzing bee

@Skittles131:  We have venue, caterer, band, photography- all of the major details. 

I still need a dress, guys still need suits, and we need to book an officiant. The rest I could care less about at this moment. I should care more, but I’m too busy with work and school. I’ll freak out in a few months, I’m sure!

Post # 8
3280 posts
Sugar bee

@Skittles131:  We’re just on the other side of the river in Edwardsville. The ceremony is at my church and the reception is at the N.O. Nelson center in the LeClaire Room in Edwardsville. We looked at a few places in STL but didn’t want people driving across the bride and downtown at night after too much to drink lol Where’s yours at?

Post # 10
650 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014 - EDD 06/12/2016

@Skittles131:  been engaged since November 2012 so we started a long time ago thank god we have the big stuff out of the way and booked! What I can think of that we have left is ordering the stuff for the centerpieces (I’m putting together), do cake tasting and decide on design, music playlist, layout of invites, and tuxes. There’s probably a few other little things I’ll think of later lol. This past year has flew by!! Only 6 and a half months left!!!!

Post # 11
1024 posts
Bumble bee

I’ve been engaged since Jan 31st!

We still need to send out save the dates (I have them sitting here, I just have to address them and mail them), get bridesmaid dresses (although I have appointments scheduled and we’ve basically decided on their dresses), do a floral consult, figure out centerpieces, book hotels, invitations, and other small things

Post # 12
23 posts
Newbee

I see alot of my twins in here!

I feel like I have started on everything and have yet to finish quite a few of them. Here’s where I am:

– decided on a dress (online) have yet to try any on in store

– booked venue

– decided on a menu waiting on estimates from caterer

– booked hotel rooms

– invitations/std/somethank you’s DONE (YESSSSS)

– grooms attire decided (not shoes or accessories, ok well just the suit

– ideas about drinks but not decided yet

– (cup)cake tasting this month

– ideas for decorations

– almost booked linen rentals (will be finalized this month)

– partial bridal pary?!?!

– officiant booked

– dj (eh?) not a big concern we are radio hosts and are trying to con somone to do it or we will ipod it.

– photographer decided but not yet booked officially

am i missing things i feel like I am… 

Post # 13
28 posts
Newbee

Hello fellow June brides!!

He proposed 3 months ago and so far we’ve:

booked a reception site…we met at work when he was a paramedic and I was a nurse so it is only fitting our reception is at an old hospital!! So excited about that the space is so cool!!

we booked our photographer and have done e-pics 

STD’s have been sent out 

I bought my dress 

I started collecting colbalt glass and milk glass from thrift stores.  I have 50 pieces and they will make wonderful unique center pieces!!

There is still a ton left to do but I’m finding that working full time and planning a wedding in 9 months doesn’t give me much time to it all.  We are waiting for a bridal expo in jan to finish booking vendors.

Post # 14
820 posts
Busy bee

I’ve been engaged for 2 years now. I got a lot of planning done in the first 6 months we were engaged. Our venue got booked, center pieces bought, reception favors bought, ceremony and reception accessories bought, ect I just bought our wedding invitations and my FI wedding ring. I bought my dress last March. We just have to meet with the DJ, finalize the guest list, register for gifts, pick the food, pay off the rest of everything and I think that’s about it. I’m so glad I got most of my stuff done the first year because I’ve been able to relax a lot more which is great because between Sept and Jan I am extremely busy because of the holiday season. I’m so excited and can’t believe it’s almost here. The time went by very slow at first, but now it’s flying by. I can’t wait to get married in less than 7 months!

Post # 15
42 posts
Newbee

I just sent out my save the dates. I have everything, venue, videographer, photographer, photo booth, church, bm dresses, my dress.. I am working on the centerpieces this month. And I have pick my bridal party not talking to my BFF anymore so that throws everything off. She was MOH im excited.. just taking it day by day doing little as I go. I have had everything booked since June 2013. Our wedding is June 21, 2014. :))) good luck girls!

Post # 16
23 posts
Newbee

@MrsHotPink:  where in Michigan is your wedding? I am a Mitten bride too!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors