(Closed) Survey (stolen from May 2012 board)

posted 6 years ago in July 2012
Post # 3
2247 posts
Buzzing bee

Fun, fun!  Thanks for posting this, I love these things!

Wedding Date: July 13, 2012

Engagement Length: 17 months

Colors: Pink, yellow, lime green

Theme: Butterflies and daisies.  Lol, I don’t even know if that’s a “theme” but butterflies are recurring throughout, and so are daisies.

Wedding Party(#s): MOH (sister), 2 BMs (FSIL and FCIL).  Best Man (undetermined), 2 GMs (my brother and either FBIL or FCIL’s DH, FI doesn’t know which one of those two will be the Best Man).

Ceremony (where, time): Not comfortable disclosing the location, but the wedding is on the coast at 7 PM.

Reception (where, time): Same coastal town, starts at 7:30 (we’re having a very, very short wedding.  No frills).

Dress Style: Ruched ball gown with sweetheart neckline.

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): Pro-Hair, hopefully we’ll find a mobile stylist to meet us at the hotel.  DIY makeup.

Honeymoon Location: The same town we are marrying in.

Flowers: Artificial lime green, pink, and yellow gerbera daisies.

First Dance Song: Very frustratingly undecided.

Centerpieces:   Cylinder, glass vase filled with green water beads.  With forsythia sprays and pink daisies.  Surrounding vases will be votives and tulle butterflies.

Food/Menu: Prime rib, Shrimp, and Chicken. 

Cake Flavour: Red velvet.  Also different flavors of cupcakes (I’m thinking chocolate, yellow, carrot, strawberry, and possibly lemon).

Favour: Candy buffet take home containers.

DJ/Band/Ipod: iPod.  Well, really laptop hooked up to an amp with auxilary cord.  That was the easiest way for me to save money ๐Ÿ™‚

Bachelorette (when/what):  I am not sure about that.  Two of my BMs refuse to spend a night without their SOs.  They definitely won’t go out without them.  Likely we’ll all (boys and girls) end up going out the night before the wedding.

Post # 4
560 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Fun!

Wedding Date: July 14, 2012

Engagement Length: 11 months

Colors: Navy, turquoise, blush, ivory

Theme: None, just going for formal and classic

Wedding Party(#s): 2 MOH (Maid/Matron), 1 BM

Ceremony (where, time): Michigan, 5 p.m.

Reception (where, time): Michigan, 6:30 p.m.

Dress Style: A-line, ivory, ruching and lace

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): Both pro, coming to whatever hotel room I finally choose

Honeymoon Location: Undecided on the specifics, but around 9 days in Hawaii (definitely Maui, possibly Oahu, too).

Flowers: A few different kinds – ivory and pink in mine and ivory, blue and purple in the MOH and reception flowers

First Dance Song: No idea

Centerpieces:   Not terribly sure about this yet. Likely some kind of silver container with flowers.

Food/Menu: Chicken, salmon, vegetarian ravioli 

Cake Flavour: One tier with white/raspberry and two smaller tiers with chocolate/creme brulee, all covered with buttercream

Favour: Not totally sure of this yet, but I would love to give some Michigan fudge

DJ/Band/Ipod: iPod

Bachelorette (when/what):  Not too interested in this, likely not doing anything.

Post # 5
241 posts
Helper bee

ohhh yay! fun fun!!

Wedding Date: July 15, 2012

Engagement Length: EXACTLY 12 months ๐Ÿ™‚

Colors: purple and green

Theme: vintage

Wedding Party(#s): 1 MOH, 6BMs, 1BestM and 6GMs

Ceremony (where, time): Augusta 4:11pm (16:11)-our favorite numbers

Reception (where, time): Augusta 6 pm

Dress Style:  Maggie Sottero Bernadette..lace, sleeves, key hole back, beading

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): Semi-pro: same person meeting me at my house

Honeymoon Location: Carnival cruise to western carribean

Flowers: no flowers..brooch bouquet for me and fabric bouquets for bms

First Dance Song: not sure yet….

Centerpieces:   a variety of antique and vintage things found in flea markets.

Food/Menu: buffet..not sure what food exactly yet

Cake Flavour: no idea

Favour: lottery tickets

DJ/Band/Ipod:DJ

Bachelorette (when/what):  July 13th.. two days before the wedding (friday night) going out to eat at a Mexican restaurant, karakoe, and then club. 

Post # 6
29 posts
Newbee

Fun!! 

Wedding Date: July 28, 2012

Engagement Length: 7 months

Colors: lapis and slate blue

Theme: No theme, semi-formal

Wedding Party(#s): 2 MOHs, 1 BM, 1 BestM and 2GMs

Ceremony (where, time): San Francisco, 11:30am

Reception (where, time): San Francisco, 6pm

Dress Style: Mori Lee Blu 4865

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): Pro – coming to my mom’s house

Honeymoon Location: Sydney and Fiji

Flowers: Purples and pinks; lisianthus, hydrangeas, peonies, dahlias, and roses

First Dance Song: I Just Can’t Stop Loving You by Michael Jackson

Centerpieces: DIY  8″ cube vases with flowers 

Food/Menu: traditional 10-course Chinese banquet 

Cake Flavour: Red Velvet with Marscapone Cream Cheese, and Lemon with White Chocolate Mousse

Favour: Molded chocolate (1 white chocolate heart, 1 milk chocolate heart, 1 dark chocolate heart, 1 white chocolate dyed blue initial “C” for FH, and 1 white chocolate dyed purple initial “T” for me)

DJ/Band/Ipod: DJ

Bachelorette (when/what): Not doing one, there’s already enough going on!

Post # 7
1297 posts
Bumble bee

Wedding Date: July 7 2012

Engagement Length: EXACTLY 7 months

Colors: powder blue & cream

Theme: vintage

Wedding Party(#s): 2 BM’s & 2 GM

Ceremony (where, time): East Australia 3pm

Reception (where, time): East Australia 6pm

Dress Style:  Maggie Sottero A-Line gown

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): Pro – my hairdresser and the woman who does make-up in her salon

Honeymoon Location: ?????????????????????????? TBD

Flowers: Probably white roses – have a booking to decide later in the month

First Dance Song: not sure yet….

Centerpieces:   Vintage centrepieces and tea lights

Food/Menu: TBD @ venue menu meeting – yummy though

Cake Flavour: 1 layer fruit for the family/traditionalists and another layer something else (FI hates fruit cake)

Favour: it’s a secret ๐Ÿ™‚ only FI and I know

DJ/Band/Ipod:DJ

Bachelorette (when/what):  I have not yet been given this information but it is in the works so I am told.

Post # 8
254 posts
Helper bee

Wedding Date: July 25 2012

Engagement Length: 17 months

Colors: purple, green, pink

Theme: casual, beachy, relaxed

Wedding Party(#s): 3 BM’s & 3 GM; 1 Jr BM, 1 Jr GM; flower girl, ring bearer

Ceremony (where, time): Beach of Panhandle of FL, 5:30/6pm (not decided yet)

Reception (where, time): local Elk’s Lodge, same town, directly after the ceremony

Dress Style:  vintage style knee length

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): Pro (as of right now), might just go to the salon for both.

Honeymoon Location: Carnival Cruise (7 months after the wedding-the joys of starting a new teaching career)

Flowers: whatever flowers the local grocery store has to make my and my jr bm’s bouquet. I’m hoping for daisy’s in different colors.

First Dance Song: not having one, see below.

Centerpieces:   Two different wine bottles, with a flower in one and a few balloons tied to the bottles.

Food/Menu: Moe’s Southwest Grill taco bar!

Cake Flavour: we still need to work this out (or rather I need to decide because he’s tired of me asking about this to him).  I think red velvet with cream cheese if we have it done by a baker, and yellow with white whipped frosting if we do it at a grocery store.

Favour: not doing them, doesn’t fit our budget

DJ/Band/Ipod: ipod, but not for dancing (which fiancé won’t do) just for background music.

Bachelorette (when/what):  a day or two before the wedding. We are going to paint pottery, eat lunch, and then (if there is time) catch a movie. I wanted to do something that my Jr BM (10 yo) could join with us in!

Post # 9
2494 posts
Buzzing bee

Wedding Date: July 27, 2012

Engagement Length: 7 months

Colors: mauve, ivory, chocolate brown, (silver accents)

Theme: vintage/romantic/country

Wedding Party(#s): 1 MOH, 1BM, 2 BestMs

Ceremony (where, time): Ontario, 4.00pm

Reception (where, time): Ontario, from 6 pm

Dress Style: A-Line with drop waist and asymmetrical draping. Rhinestones and crystal detail. Sweetheart neckline. Diamond white.

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): Pro-Hair by my hairdresser and pro-makeup by a friendor.

Honeymoon Location: 2-3 week road trip through America. Not sure how long, but basically Ontario New York to Flordia to Nashville and back. (plus stops in between)

Flowers: Not sure yet, but likely ivory and dusty rose roses.

First Dance Song: Love Like Crazy

Centerpieces: Three cylindrical vases of three different heights, with three votives scattered around. The large vases will have a floating candle and river rock at the bottom with some floral inside. The votives will have water and a floating candle.

Food/Menu: Drinks during and after ceremony (mostly lemonade, water and wine). Dinner is wine. After dinner open bar. During the cocktail hour there are 4 apps, and dinner is a salad, chicken, wedding cake. Late night is DIY, so haven’t figured it out yet.

Cake Flavour: Chocolate with white buttercream icing and fresh berries all over it. It’s actually some fancy chocolate, but no idea what it is called.

Favour: NONE

Bachelorette (when/what):  I’m having a work one and one by my sister. The work ladies are taking me out for a weekend in July. My sister is doing the same. Not sure when for either.

Post # 11
65 posts
Worker bee

Wedding Date: July 7, 2012

Engagement Length: 12 months 5 days

Colors: Grey and white with natural greens

Theme: No specific theme, but has kind of a natural vintage feel

Wedding Party(#s): 1 MOH, 5BMs, 1BestM and 5GMs

Ceremony (where, time): Moose Pass, AK 4:00pm

Reception (where, time): Moose Pass, AK from 5pm

Dress Style: Mermaid

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): One of the bridesmaids is doing my hair; I’m doing my own makeup.

Honeymoon Location: We have 100% decided yet but somewhere with sun and beaches.

Flowers: White Hydrangas and Calla lilies

First Dance Song: “No One Has Eyes Like You” by Billy Currington

Centerpieces:   Really simple vase with a couple of white hydrangas; Haven’t finished brainstorming on this yet. I’m also putting disposiable cameras with an I spy card on the tables.

Food/Menu: Pasta dinner buffet. Giving different choices of sauce.

Cake Flavour: Haven’t chosen cake yet.

Favour: We are having a photobooth so they can take the photo strips with them.

Bachelorette (when/what):  Weekend before the wedding (June 30) Leaving this up to FMIL and Bridesmaids. Nothing too wild.

Post # 12
516 posts
Busy bee

Wedding Date: July 6, 2012

Engagement Length: 16 months

Colors: red, aqua, grey, ivory/white

Theme: fun, woodsy, games

Wedding Party(#s): 7 BM’s & 6 GM no flower girls or ring bearer

Ceremony (where, time): Grande Sierre Pointe of the Forest House Lodeg 5ish

Reception (where, time): Forest House Lodge, cocktails and reception directly after the ceremony

Dress Style:  Drop waist ball gown/A-line, lace bodice with tulle skirt, La Sposa Detalle

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): Pro, but need to do trial, no idea what I will be doing.

Honeymoon Location: Thailand, but we might postpone it a few months for better weather and putting some more time into my new job.

Flowers: soft red and white flowers, me, my mom and aunt are doing them ourselves.

First Dance Song: TBD probably Can’t Help Falling in Love

Centerpieces:   TBD – Aqua table clothes, mercury glass votives, rest to be figured out still.

Food/Menu: TBD – too many choices by our venue!!!  We are narrowing it down for our private tasting in April.

Cake Flavour: Get three flavors!  Mickey Mouse – Vanilla and chocolate marble cake, with two layers of chocolate mousse, and one layer of vanilla custard,London Trifle – Vanilla cake is infused with berry syrup, then layered vanilla pastry          cream and filled with seasonal fresh fruit and Meyer – Lemon scented cake filled with light a creamy lemon whipped cream and a layer of blueberry filling. This is one of our favorites!

Favour: Frosted cookies made by my mom with a note about our donation to the Dana Farber Cancer Institute in honor of the memory of my fiances father.

Bachelorette (when/what):  June sometime.  Not sure, up to my amazing MOH…local, city, relaxed, or vegas.  ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 13
1866 posts
Buzzing bee

Wedding Date: July 14, 2012

Engagement Length: 13 months

Colors: black and white, but with pops of all of the colors through flowers and BM shoes ๐Ÿ™‚

Theme: going for classic, funky, and fun.

Wedding Party(#s): 1 MOH, 5BMs, 1 Best man, 4 GM, 2 FGs, 1 RB

Ceremony (where, time): at a greenhouse in the outdoor garden (backup rain location inside the greenhouse), 3:30pm

Reception (where, time): country club, cocktail hour starts at 6, dinner starts at 7

Dress Style: ivory strapless lace mermaid with an off-white empire sash

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): friend of a friend is doing makeup, my hair stylist has gone MIA so I have to find a new one….

Honeymoon Location: somewhere in Florida… tbd

Flowers: oh man, so many (to cover all the colors of the rainbow) Gerberas, lisanthus, white/black anemones, green spider mums, billy buttons, etc etc.

First Dance Song: still no idea.

Centerpieces:   hurricane vase with led light at the bottom covered by clear vase beads, filled with water colored with food coloring on a mirror, surrounded by 6 votives

Food/Menu: plated dinner- choice between chicken and beef, mashed potatoes, vegetable medley. 

Cake Flavour: Funfetti ๐Ÿ™‚

Favour: sweet table

DJ/Band/Ipod: dj

Bachelorette (when/what):  June 23rd- it’s a complete surprise to me!!

Post # 14
424 posts
Helper bee

Wedding Date: July 28, 2012

Engagement Length: 12 months

Colors: grey, yellow, white and teal

Theme: Garden wedding with DIY elements

Wedding Party(#s): 1 moh, 3 bridesmaids, 1 Bestman, 3 groomsmen. No flower girl or ring bearer.

Ceremony (where, time): Victoria BC, 3:30

Reception (where, time): Victoria, from 6pm

Dress Style: Ella Rosa BE102. I’m not good at explaining this stuff. It has a beaded top and a corset back and a chapel train. It’s light, fun and not super fancy. 

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): Pro-hair and pro-makeup (the two are best friends and regularly work as a team) and they are coming to my grandma’s house. 

Honeymoon Location: 1 week camping trip in the states that line the border of Canada on our way back home to Halifax. Our real honeymoon will be a 2-3 week backpacking trip through Cuba. No AI for us. 

Flowers: We’re getting married in an organic community garden that has different garden themes throughout. Bouquets are white and yellow, with succelents. 

First Dance Song: It’s Better When We’re Together – Jack Johnson

Centerpieces:   Planters made out of old wood palettes filled with succulents of all shapes and sizes. On either side there will be a mason jar filled with flowers that I am getting from a lady who grows them in her backyard. 

Food/Menu: Cocktail: smoked salmon platter, crab cakes (from the crab we are going to catch) veggies and dip, not really sure what else. Dinner is going to be a Southern style bbq buffet with pulled pork sandwiches, smoked chicken and all the fixin’s. We’ll also add some WestCoast flair with some salads and some salmon.

Our signature drink is Sangria and we will be serving wine and beer. There will be no hard alcohol at the wedding.  

Cake Flavour: No idea. I’m making cupcakes of some kind and then I’m just going to order something from a French bakery for something for us to cut. I’ll probably just stick a cake topper on it to make it more wedding-y.

Favour: Cookie buffet. I’m getting all the women in my family to back about 3 dozen cookies each and also asking them to send me the recipe in advance. I’m going to print the recipes on little recipe cards so people can grab those while they grab the cookies. We’ll give people bags to fill up with the cookies. 

DJ/Band/Ipod: Preset playlist on our laptop. We will have the laptop open for people to request songs though. 

Bachelorette (when/what):  July 14th or so. Two of my friends want to go to Vegas. I’d rather do something a lot more low key than that though, like rent a cabin on the coast and just go surfing, sun tanning, drink a lot of wine and eat good local food. 

Post # 15
258 posts
Helper bee

Wedding Date:ร‚ย July 15, 2012.

Engagement Length: 1 year and 8 months.

Colors:ร‚ย dark teal and hot pink

Theme: No specific theme, casual

Wedding Party(#s):ร‚ย 1 MOH, 2BMs. 1 BM, 1GM

Ceremony (where, time):ร‚ย Brighton, Ontario at 3:00

Reception (where, time):ร‚ย Brighton, Ontario at 5:30

Dress Style: diamond white, satin, A-line. One shoulder of flowers.

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI):ร‚ย Pro-Hair and makeup in a salon.

Honeymoon Location: Las Vegas in October.

Flowers: White and hot pink gerbera daisies for my bouquet. Hot pink gerbera daisies for the girls.

First Dance Song: Only Exception by Paramore.

Centerpieces: small round vase with a single pink gerbera daisy floating in it, on top of a round mirror. Also on the mirror will be 4 small candles in teal holders and scattered around will be teal rocks.

Food/Menu: choice of smoked BBQ chicken and ribs or lasagna and garlic bread.

Cake Flavour: top tier will be vanilla. Bottom tier will be coconut lime.

Favour:ร‚ย Chocolate bars with the outer wrapper removed and replaced by pictures of us when we were little.

DJ/Band/Ipod: ipod, then a singer with an acoustic guitar later on.

Bachelorette (when/what):ร‚ย  Noooo idea.

Post # 16
157 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Wedding Date: July 14, 2012

Engagement Length: 14 months

Colors: Grays (silvers) and Purples.

Theme: We don’t really have a theme.  I just want lots of romance with candles and rich colors. 

Wedding Party(#s): 1 MOH, 1 Matron of Honor, 3 bridesmaids, 1 Best man and 3 groomsmen

Ceremony (where, time): Our church in Oklahoma, 7 pm

Reception (where, time): An urban venue downtown near our church, after the ceremony

Dress Style: My dress is lace with organza 3d flowers on the bottom.  It is kind of fit and flare.  it is Abilena by Maggie Sottero

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): Pro for both.  A good friend who is a hairstylist is doing my hair and we hired a company here to do airbrush makeup. 

Honeymoon Location: 3 days in Orlando and a 7 night cruise to the Eastern Carribbean

Flowers: I’m not really sure.  I gave our florist a color palet (purples, ivories) and she is kind of having free reign. 

First Dance Song: The One I Adore by the Black Keys

Centerpieces:   Tall and low flower arrangements with lots of candles.

Food/Menu: We are doing a wide variety of buffet items and stations, including 2 carving stations, a mashed potato bar and a pasta bar. 

Cake Flavour: We have 4.  Red Velvet, Marble with Raspberry, Strawberry, and Chocolate with Raspberry.  His groomscake is chocolate with Kahluah Cream

Favour: We are having a photo booth, so those pictures, and then I think our friend (and amazing baker) is going to make cookies. 

Bachelorette (when/what):  June 15-17.  Going to Dallas for a fun filled weekend with my best friends at the bars, dinners and laying by the pool.  I can’t wait! 

The topic ‘Survey (stolen from May 2012 board)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors